[RESOLVED] Flight controllers not working with random planes since installing Oculus Rift S

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
atrdriver

[RESOLVED] Flight controllers not working with random planes since installing Oculus Rift S

Postby atrdriver » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:48 am

Hi,

I just installed the Oculus Rift S. Since installing, my Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle and my Thrustmaster TPR pedals work randomly with some aircraft and not others. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which ones. Both certain stock P3D aircraft as well as some third party aircraft, namely ALL PMDG aircraft. All aircraft work fine outside of VR. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CplDaniel

Re: Flight controllers not working with random planes since installing Oculus Rift S

Postby CplDaniel » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:40 am

Hmm: Rift S, TM Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals...Ah-Ha!! I CAN SPOT A DCS:WORLD ACCOUNT A MILE AWAY!

My suspicion is a conflict in control inputs caused by the headset being more than just a display, but also a controller interface. Probably a simple setting adjustment somewhere.
[MAYBE even something that will fix itself with just a few program restarts giving Windows a moment to take advantage of all that telemetry to learn and adjust to the new hardware].
Because your hardware setup is so commonly adopted among DCS clients, I will check over in their forums for resolving similar reports.

Tell me if the problem just resolves itself automatically upon restart tomorrow though!!
Daniel

atrdriver

Re: Flight controllers not working with random planes since installing Oculus Rift S

Postby atrdriver » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Issue solved. It seems that aircraft whose controls I programmed in FSUIPC were the issue. After reprogramming three planes (1 stock and two PMDG), everything is working fine. Now on to play with resolution settings.,

Thanks!

Terry

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”