Augmented Reality - Vive Pro with ZedMini

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
zamirk

Augmented Reality - Vive Pro with ZedMini

Postby zamirk » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 am

Hi,

I am currently using Vive Pro for my AR solution, which gives me low resolution video output from Vive Pro Camera. I want to attach Zed-Minihttps://www.stereolabs.com/zed-mini/ camera with HTC Vive for AR in P3D. Is this possible to do that?

Please any one from LM! I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Zamirk

JorgenSA

Re: Augmented Reality - Vive Pro with ZedMini

Postby JorgenSA » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:27 am

It would actually be more logical and relevant to ask the equipment manufacturer if their equipment can be used with P3D.

Have you looked in the P3D SDK for information on this?

Jorgen

zamirk

Postby zamirk » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:05 am

Hi Jorgen,

Thanks for your reply, I have read the documentation and according to it P3D is compatible with HTC VIVE Pro. In fact, programming is done by P3D team. So, they can better answer this question as they know that they have provide compatibility in code or not.

Regards,
Zamirk

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:25 am

Zamirk,

With all due respect, you have things upside down.

L-M programs things up to and including a standardized INTERFACE, which is common for all the add-on manufacturers of that particular genre, in your case Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality or whatever it is called.

Documentation is available, if not in the SDK then to the add-on manufacturer upon request, and it is then up to the add-on manufacturer to ensure the compatibility and compliance with the interface. Exact compliance is required, because an updated version of P3D may be more strict in its requirement for compliance.

Which brings up another point: you did not mention which P3D version you have with which you encounter this issue.This is extremely important, because only issues with v. 4.5 with the hotfix will be considered for future development and fixes - programming is already past all other versions, which are now legacy.

So, once again, you will need to contact your add-on manufacturers for assistance. L-M cannot work on their product for you.

Jorgen

zamirk

Postby zamirk » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:40 am

Hi Jorgen,

Thanks for your precious guidance. You have raised some valid points for me to understand.

Regards,
Zamirk

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”