so sound when using Oculus in v4.4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Maxs

so sound when using Oculus in v4.4

Postby Maxs » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:26 am

Hey folks,
I need your help.
I've got myself an Oculus for flying in P3D v4.4 (which is awesome - thank you P3D!) but I have sound problems.
In 80% of the cases I can't get any sound through my Oculus headphones.
In 20% of the flights it works but I can't figure out what's the difference on those flights.

So what happens:
- I start a flight.
- When everything is loaded and the planes sits on the Ramp, I start the Oculus service (either via Oculus home or via Oculus tray tool).
- After Oculus service is started and I see the home screen in my Rift, I enable Oculus VR in P3D.
- At that point I see virtual P3D in my Oculus as background with sound working fine through the headphones. But the Oculus menu bar is in the foreground. As soon as I close the menu bar (menu button on the right touch controller), the P3D sound stops immediately but visually im in P3D now. When I push the menu button again, I get the P3D sound again but the visual is degraded to the background (which is much darker).
In 20% of the cases (as mentioned earlier) pushing the menu button makes the sound stay enabled, no matter if P3D is in the foreground or in the background - I have no idea why.

My settings:
Windows Standard Audio device: Loudspeaker (not the Oculus - changing to Rift as standard gives me no audio at all)
Oculus device settings: Audio via Rift, mirroring and Audio of non-VR Apps in VR enabled.

Has anyone else experianced something similar?
What are your steps and settings to make it work?

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”