Unable to find C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\....

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Nixon

Unable to find C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\....

Postby Nixon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:39 am

Hi
Following advice on the FlyTampa forum where they recommend renaming a BGL file to overcome an elevation problem at their Las Vegas airport. They say to follow the following path C:\Program Files\ Lockheed Martin \Prepar3Dv4\Scenery \World\scenery\. I have clicked on drive C (where my PreparDv4.5 is installed) yet I can't find any mention of Lockheed Martin, I have also typed the whole path into the search box and nothing is found.

I have recently bought a new computer and Prepar3Dv4.5 was installed by the company that built the computer. On my last computer I was able to find "Lockheed Martin " and could navigate to the main configuration file.

I am now concerned that Prepar3Dv4.5 has not been correctly installed by the builder of my new computer. Before I contact them I would like to know if my concerns are correct and if not how I should follow FlyTampa's advice.

Thanks in anticipation

Nixon Thomas

Martyson

Re: Unable to find C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\....

Postby Martyson » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am

Hi
Following advice on the FlyTampa forum where they recommend renaming a BGL file to overcome an elevation problem at their Las Vegas airport. They say to follow the following path C:\Program Files\ Lockheed Martin \Prepar3Dv4\Scenery \World\scenery\. I have clicked on drive C (where my PreparDv4.5 is installed) yet I can't find any mention of Lockheed Martin, I have also typed the whole path into the search box and nothing is found.

I have recently bought a new computer and Prepar3Dv4.5 was installed by the company that built the computer. On my last computer I was able to find "Lockheed Martin " and could navigate to the main configuration file.

I am now concerned that Prepar3Dv4.5 has not been correctly installed by the builder of my new computer. Before I contact them I would like to know if my concerns are correct and if not how I should follow FlyTampa's advice.

Thanks in anticipation

Nixon Thomas
Do you have an Icon on your desktop that you use to start P3D?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Nixon

Postby Nixon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:47 am

Yes I have the icon on both my desktop and on the taskbar and to start I click on one or the other.
Regards
Nixon

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:57 am

Yes I have the icon on both my desktop and on the taskbar and to start I click on one or the other.
Regards
Nixon
If you right mouse click on that P3D desktop Icon and select Properties it will tell you where P3D is installed on your PC.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Nixon

Postby Nixon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:41 am

I have just right clicked on the P3D desktop icon and then properties and see the following:

Target type Application
Target location: Prepar3D
Target: C:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe
Start in: C:\Prepar3D\

I hope the above is helpful

Thanks again
Nixon

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:26 am

I have just right clicked on the P3D desktop icon and then properties and see the following:

Target type Application
Target location: Prepar3D
Target: C:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe
Start in: C:\Prepar3D\

I hope the above is helpful

Thanks again
Nixon
You previously mentioned:
"Following advice on the FlyTampa forum where they recommend renaming a BGL file to overcome an elevation problem at their Las Vegas airport. They say to follow the following path C:\Program Files\ Lockheed Martin \Prepar3Dv4\Scenery \World\scenery\."

Was this advice in response to your personal post on the FlyTampa forum or something you seen from another user on that forum?

For your install of P3D you have to look for the BGL in your path (install) of P3D.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

downscc

Postby downscc » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:37 pm

Try looking in C:\Prepar3D\Scenery\World\scenery\ instead of C:\Program Files\ Lockheed Martin \Prepar3Dv4\Scenery \World\scenery\. It's not that hard. According to your desktop shortcut you installed P3D to c:\Prepar3D\, now I wonder what the real problem is if you cannot find where you installed your program.
Dan Downs
KCRP

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Might be a good Idea, if you still have the same problems, to post your specific situation in the FlyTampa form.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Nixon

Postby Nixon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 am

Try looking in C:\Prepar3D\Scenery\World\scenery\ instead of C:\Program Files\ Lockheed Martin \Prepar3Dv4\Scenery \World\scenery\. It's not that hard. According to your desktop shortcut you installed P3D to c:\Prepar3D\, now I wonder what the real problem is if you cannot find where you installed your program.
I have already navigated to that file and the BGL files mentioned on the FlyTampa forum are not there. I will post on their forum to see if I can resolve that part of my query.

As I said in my original post my main concern is why the C:\Program Files\ Lockheed Martin path is not there. This is a brand new computer built for me by a firm that only builds computers for flight simulation and again as I said in my first post I am concerned that they may have installed Prepar3Dv4.5 incorrectly. Before complaining to them I wanted to discover if I have a valid reason to complain.

Regards
Nixon Thomas

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:49 am

"As I said in my original post my main concern is why the C:\Program Files\ Lockheed Martin path is not there. This is a brand new computer built for me by a firm that only builds computers for flight simulation and again as I said in my first post I am concerned that they may have installed Prepar3Dv4.5 incorrectly. Before complaining to them I wanted to discover if I have a valid reason to complain."

Your computer supplier chose a location different than the default to install P3D.
Nothing wrong with that.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Nixon

Postby Nixon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:57 am

"As I said in my original post my main concern is why the C:\Program Files\ Lockheed Martin path is not there. This is a brand new computer built for me by a firm that only builds computers for flight simulation and again as I said in my first post I am concerned that they may have installed Prepar3Dv4.5 incorrectly. Before complaining to them I wanted to discover if I have a valid reason to complain."

Your computer supplier chose a location different than the default to install P3D.
Nothing wrong with that.
Thanks for that.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:20 am

Nothing wrong with that.
Thanks for that.
What is the BGL file name you are looking for?
I will have a quick look on my setup.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Other Support Questions”