Axis assignment by airplane possible ?

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Dietzi

Axis assignment by airplane possible ?

Postby Dietzi » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi all,
new to P3D, I want to ask you whether it is possible with P3Dv4.4 to store "profiles" of joystick assignment for different airplanes? If yes: how, didn't find it at the documentation. Thanks in advance for any hints,
Dietrich

downscc

Re: Axis assignment by airplane possible ?

Postby downscc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:44 pm

This is what the EXPORT/IMPORT buttons are on the Controls UI screen, lower left. I've always maintained they should be labeled SAVE/LOAD, which is more descriptive of what they do. This allows you to save the complete controls configuration and then retrieve it.... takes five seconds. I use it for different axis assignments for prop, two and four engine jet.
Dan Downs
KCRP

Dietzi

Postby Dietzi » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Many thanks Dan, that was it! Well, actually I should have found out this myself - shame. BTW you are completely right: SAVE/LOAD would be much more appropriate.

francescodoenz

Postby francescodoenz » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:35 pm

What about FSUIPC for aircraft specific assignement? Any advantages?
Thanks for your opinions!
MSI MEG Z390 Godlike, 9700K, 2xRTX2080TI NVlink, 16GB G.Skill DDR4-4600, 2xAlphacool Eiswand, Coolermaster HAF-X

downscc

Postby downscc » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:23 pm

What about FSUIPC for aircraft specific assignement? Any advantages?
Thanks for your opinions!
Many like using FSUIPC for axis assignments and calibration, but some complex high fidelity aircraft do not play well when set up this way or as a minimum when there are problems they become very difficult to isolate. As an engineer I've always preferred the KISS solutions (keep it simple stupid) and if the controller works within the simulator using that platforms controller interface then that's the way I go.

I do use FSUIPC to map controller buttons/switches to key commands so I can use the PMDG key command assignments.
Dan Downs
KCRP

Return to “Other Support Questions”