Massive Performance Hit - Undocked panels

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Pete_EDDW

Re: Massive Performance Hit - Undocked panels

Postby Pete_EDDW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Thank you, Pete!!! That solved my FPS problem. I can now undock without the huge frame hit.
Hey there! :) Really glad that things worked out for you! I've been roaming many forums where ppl didn't leave a reply so one wasn't sure if an offered solution actually work. So thank you for your feedback - I am sure it will help others too!

Pete_EDDW

Postby Pete_EDDW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Hi, everybody,

this tip for my 3 Projectors Setup has no effect. The FPS are still the same bad.

Regards
Urs
Hi Urs! Sorry to hear that. Could it be that your system suffers from another bug (or feature)? I have read that many ppl have a massive frame drop due to dynamic lighting. I can't confirm that, DL works fine on my system. Maybe you should give it a try. Also I don't know how warpalizer works exactly. I went to their website and forum to learn more. Maybe you should contact them and ask about how warpalizer actually warps the window. Tell them about the possible effect of overlays (even when invisible).

Also you might wanna check, whether any other streaming or recording software is active in the background and turn it off for testing. Microsoft Windows 10 has such a feature too.

Just to be clear: I am just offering my 2 cents here - I actually have NO idea what causes any of this, but I am very interested in getting rid of this issue as I think that p3dv4.1 is the best version yet and I was pretty upset when old problems seemed to reoccur again - just to learn that the reason behind bad frames was something I would have not deemed possible to be a problem at all.

Good hunting for your bug. And let us know what you find out, will ya?

Cheers,

Pete

Pete_EDDW

Postby Pete_EDDW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:33 pm

Btw - the tool for recording and streaming in Win10 is found under START > SETTINGS > GAMING (I have a non-english win10 version so I don't know the exact nomenclature in english.) There one can deactivate the DVR function. Maybe that will help.

pensioned1

Postby pensioned1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:27 am

Thanks Pete. Deactivating the GeForce Experience In - game overlay option worked for me also.

I am completely new to P3d ( old FSX user then to FSX Steam user because of OOM) and I am in the process of moving FSX/FSX Steam addons to the P3Dv4.1. Just installed my GTN 750 into the Milviz DHC 2 Beaver. When I undocked the pop up window for the GTN 750 my FPS dropped to around 5-8 from about 65. I got a sick feeling in my stomach.

Decided to do a search on the forum and luckily found your work around.

Thanks

Jack

Pete_EDDW

Postby Pete_EDDW » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:01 am

Thanks Pete. Deactivating the GeForce Experience In - game overlay option worked for me also.

I am completely new to P3d ( old FSX user then to FSX Steam user because of OOM) and I am in the process of moving FSX/FSX Steam addons to the P3Dv4.1. Just installed my GTN 750 into the Milviz DHC 2 Beaver. When I undocked the pop up window for the GTN 750 my FPS dropped to around 5-8 from about 65. I got a sick feeling in my stomach.

Decided to do a search on the forum and luckily found your work around.

Thanks

Jack
Hey Jack! I hear ya! Same here. I just thought "not again!". I am happy that this worked for you - simming has come a long way in the past few years - and I don't ever want to go back to the days where I was fighting tweaks and configs just to get my frame rate from marginal to mediocre. Enjoy simming in P3DV4.1! It's a brilliant time to be doing that with all the innovations going on.

Pete

rockliffe

Postby rockliffe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:25 pm

Sadly, I still have no improvement.

McFly

Postby McFly » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:08 am

i had the same problem...
I solved it yesterday.

What i have do:

Its simpel... I had disabled the WIN update function because i using FSX and there are some issues with FSX and the latest major update.
Now i enabled the MS Update and installed the creators update.

first test with the MJ Dash 8 / it doesn`t works because it need a new registration.
Ok, after a new installation i test ist and.... 50-60 Frames without undock windows and 50-55 Frames with undock windows (3).
Next test with the PMDG! And it works! Before approx 50Frames after that 40-45 Frames...

Pete_EDDW

Postby Pete_EDDW » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:14 pm

i had the same problem...
I solved it yesterday.

What i have do:

Its simpel... I had disabled the WIN update function because i using FSX and there are some issues with FSX and the latest major update.
Now i enabled the MS Update and installed the creators update.

first test with the MJ Dash 8 / it doesn`t works because it need a new registration.
Ok, after a new installation i test ist and.... 50-60 Frames without undock windows and 50-55 Frames with undock windows (3).
Next test with the PMDG! And it works! Before approx 50Frames after that 40-45 Frames...
Hey there! Am I understanding this correctly? You are using FSX? NOT Prepar3d?

McFly

Postby McFly » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Sorry for my incorrectly statement.

I`m using FSX and P3d v4
I had massive problems with undocking of panels in P3d v4 (regardless of the modell or publisher)
I disabled the update function for Win10 at my PC, because i read about some problems with FSX and the last major Windows Update (Creators update).

After update, undocking of Panels in P3d working very good for me.
No performance hit.

DocScott

Postby DocScott » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:54 am

Hi guys!

I also have this frame problem.
Starting P3D with a default flight.Not starting this flight,but choosing addon plane in addon scenery.
Starting this flight often shows 7-10 fps.No chance to get back good frames (30-50).
Saving this situation as a new default flight,exiting P3D and restart P3D brings back the good frames.
Any ideas?

Scott
OPEN SCREENSHOTS IN NEW TAB,FOR ORIGINAL SIZE.

RichardZ

Postby RichardZ » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:46 pm

I solved the problem by going to NVidia control panel (so not the NVidia inspector).

The setting "3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Vertical Sync -> Use the 3D application settings" I changed into: off

In Prepar3d I've put off VSync and changed the FPS to unlimited.

After these changes I had no longer slow FPS after undocking a popup window in PMDG 737 NGX. I easily get 30-40 FPS in EHAM airport. I have 3 monitors for the outside view and 3 for the controls of which I basically only use one.

Another very useful tip for preventing microstutters which helped me also a lot is the following. In NVidia control panel (so not the NVidia inspector) go to the setting:

3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings ->

Go to the P3D profile under 3d settings and make sure that Pre rendered frames is set to 1, not application controlled!

Return to “Other Support Questions”