Clueless in PA!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Plainsman

Clueless in PA!

Postby Plainsman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:48 am

I can't for the life of me detect differences in appearance based on graphic settings, specifically three settings:

1. Level of Detail Radius
2. Mesh resolution
3. Texture resolution

The following questions are directly primarily at visual appearance not frame rate:
1. What is supposed to change visually if you move this setting further to the right. Curently, my setting is "High."
2. I don't see a difference between 19m and 1m. What am I supposed to see that is different?
3. I don't see a difference between 1m and 7cm. What should I see that is different between the two? Which is supposed to be better, i.e. look more realistic?

I should add I'm playing with a 4K monitor and running at 4K resolution.

I should disclose that I only fly Prepared between 500 and 2000 feet, generally. I don't notice any differences in appearance and it is driving me crazy. Please tell me what is supposed to change when I move these three settings. Thanks.

Plainsman

Re: Clueless in PA!

Postby Plainsman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:48 am

Someone must know the difference between 19m and 1m for mesh resolution and between 1m and 7cm for texture resolution? When you fly low and slow like I do, what are the best settings? Maybe I should ask the question this way: Which settings for these three things (the other is level of detail radius) have the best framerates vs. graphical clarity?

aeronauta

Re: Clueless in PA!

Postby aeronauta » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 am

Plainman , you wont see any more or less than what the developer has made the add on at , mesh and texture are set by the image the developer used so you cannot go higher than that. ORBX says use 10m , reson is they used 10m res in their scenery. I leave everything at max , no problem./

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”