P3Dv4.3 Does not Load my stored available flight Plans

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
bevchris

P3Dv4.3 Does not Load my stored available flight Plans

Postby bevchris » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi,
I did a client upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3 on Client, Content and scenery msi install. P3D all works well except it will not load my previous stored P3D Flightplans in my docs prepared 3d v4 Files folder which shows the respective flightplans in the available flight plans Box. When I click on any particular route now high lighted blue all the other boxes on that page remain blanc EXCEPT the Flight Plan Summary box which indicates the chosen route and name.
After clicking ok it creates another new route.

ALSO you cannot edit the route on the flight planner box. It is impossible to edit/move the flight plan red path/track/line to where you want it to go. Have tried with numerous routes.

Have done a client.msi repair and that did not work either.

How do you remedy this situation?

regards
chris

Martyson

Re: P3Dv4.3 Does not Load my stored available flight Plans

Postby Martyson » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi,
I did a client upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3 on Client, Content and scenery msi install. P3D all works well except it will not load my previous stored P3D Flightplans in my docs prepared 3d v4 Files folder which shows the respective flightplans in the available flight plans Box. When I click on any particular route now high lighted blue all the other boxes on that page remain blanc EXCEPT the Flight Plan Summary box which indicates the chosen route and name.
After clicking ok it creates another new route.

ALSO you cannot edit the route on the flight planner box. It is impossible to edit/move the flight plan red path/track/line to where you want it to go. Have tried with numerous routes.

Have done a client.msi repair and that did not work either.

How do you remedy this situation?

regards
chris
Are flight plans created using P3D flight planner working ok?

Is this post the same problem you are having? ... it has some information and screenshots which may be helpful.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=129963
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

bevchris

Postby bevchris » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi Marytson

All flight plans are P3D flight planner created. I can confirm if I now double load the flight plan my original FP appears and can be used. So that is a sort of work around.

So the other problems reported by other users is similar.

HOWEVER, you still cannot amend/edit any flight plan as you can not move the red track line to where you want to adjust the FP.

[EDITED POST TO ADHERE TO FORUM USER AGREEMENT]

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi Marytson

All flight plans are P3D flight planner created. I can confirm if I now double load the flight plan my original FP appears and can be used. So that is a sort of work around.

So the other problems reported by other users is similar.

HOWEVER, you still cannot amend/edit any flight plan as you can not move the red track line to where you want to adjust the FP, thus basically completely ruining the whole point of using the p3d flight planner to make more realistic flight plans yet alone have ATC bitching in your ear continually!!!

What on earth has LM done to change this flight planner on v4.3 to make this happen?
I now did a quick test.

I loaded a previously saved flight plan (screenshot).

Then I edited the route by pulling the red route line to other waypoints (screenshot).

Looks good.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

bevchris

Postby bevchris » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi Martyson

Thanks, but I can not edit any new or previous stored flightplan.

I just completed a new ksea to ksan fp and could not move the red line but I could delete a few VOR's as I had chosen vor to vor route with p3d flight planner to make it better.

So how do I repair this situation?

regards
chris

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Hi Martyson

Thanks, but I can not edit any new or previous stored flightplan.

I just completed a new ksea to ksan fp and could not move the red line but I could delete a few VOR's as I had chosen vor to vor route with p3d flight planner to make it better.

So how do I repair this situation?

regards
chris
Give this a try.
Try loading a short saved route.
Mine is KDTW-KCLE
After the route comes up in the map.
Grab the route line ( hold down the left mouse button / tip of mouse pointer on route line) and drag it.
Could the route line be dragged?

Edit: my mouse pointer is an arrow.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

bevchris

Postby bevchris » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi Martyson
My mouse pointer is also an arrow and I did manage to create a route kdtw to kcle and addd/move the red route to my hearts content.
I then tried with a few other world wide routes after pressing clear and loading twice to get my original route, and I found that I could edit those.
I then tried ksea to ksan and I found that I could not get this to work as it would not let me amend the route to pick up J5 from EHF to LANDO and then onto LAX. At this point I gave up.
The p3d flight planner is not as worker friendly as the FSX was, for instance moving the red route off the box to a waypoint beyond the box was easy to do in fsx BUT impossible in p3d as the box does not move with the arrow at the box edge. Perhaps LM can amend that in some future update.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
chris

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:19 am

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear you can edit the flight plan by moving the red route line to other fixes.

As a quick test I did a default P3D plan KSEAKLAX as I did not have your route data.

The default plan did include J5.

I then moved (edited J5 to select / add various other waypoints (screenshot).

All ok here.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

bevchris

Postby bevchris » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:13 pm

I wonder if you could try my problem and move the track to take J5 from EHF via LANDO to LAX. That's what started my initial issue. On my planner it refuses to allow me to do it. So there might be a problem perhaps?

I,ve tried a few p3d new routes on that route ksea-ksan and every time I am unable to achieve this.

Secondly,reference my second comment moving the track to a waypoint off the current planner page does not work for me unlike FSX, is this the same for you?

Perhaps a LM person would like to comment on this.

regards
chris

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:19 pm

I wonder if you could try my problem and move the track to take J5 from EHF via LANDO to LAX. That's what started my initial issue. On my planner it refuses to allow me to do it. So there might be a problem perhaps?

I,ve tried a few p3d new routes on that route ksea-ksan and every time I am unable to achieve this.

Secondly,reference my second comment moving the track to a waypoint off the current planner page does not work for me unlike FSX, is this the same for you?

Perhaps a LM person would like to comment on this.

regards
chris
If you can give screenshots (or video) of your flight plan / waypoints and problem moving the route line I could try to duplicate your exact steps.

Where are you getting the information for your flight route / route planning and do all your routes require editing?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”