v4.2 New helicopter issue

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
bobmay

v4.2 New helicopter issue

Postby bobmay » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:32 am

Downloaded and installed v4.2 with apparently no probs, version number shows correct v.4.2 but the new helicopters do not show up in the aircraft selection menu. The files are there in the rotorcraft folder but without their panel folders.

Since no-one else has reported this problem in the forum I assume it must be something I have done, or not done .

Any clues as to what might be wrong would be appreciated.

Bob.

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: v4.2 New helicopter issue

Postby Rob McCarthy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi Bob,

When you upgraded to 4.2 did you only update the client? The new helicopters are only available if you also run the content installer update.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

bobmay

Postby bobmay » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:07 am

Thanks for your prompt reply Rob.

I had installed all the v4.2 modules when I updated but clearly something went wrong. I have since re-installed the content module, which made no difference to my missing helicopter problem, so I uninstalled the client module and then tried to reinstall the whole lot, but the installer insisted that V4.2 was already installed and only offered a 'repair' option.

My present situation is that the CH53e is now available in the rotorcraft selection menu :-) but when it initializes in the sim the engine stops and refuses to start :-( The CH46 is still missing.

It looks like I'm on the right track to solving this, I have been putting off uninstalling everything and starting V.4.2 installation again but I'm going to have to bite the bullet.

Thanks again.

Bob.

ReggieC

Postby ReggieC » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:53 am

My helicopters loaded, but I’m having the same problem with the CH-53. The engines stop and I can’t get them restarted. Any help appreciated.

Reggie

monir geadah

Postby monir geadah » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi Reggie and Bob.

Had the same problem but solved it eventually by opening the aircraft folder in P3D v4.2 simobgect /rotor craft folder. You will find there 2 read me files which tell you how to start the engine and other things too. One option to quickly resolve that is to press shift and 3 Kees which bring an instruments panel with the engine starter highlited in red square at the top left hand corner,click on that square and start flighing yout great and very good helicopter. Don’t forget to do the same when you fly the second texture one .

Good luck and best wishes.

Monir

Ps. The CH46 rotor craft is an AI one that is why you can not see it in the vehicle choices.
Last edited by monir geadah on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Postby Rob McCarthy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:00 pm

There are a couple detailed manuals for operation of the CH-53E in the "SimObjects\Rotorcraft\CH-53E\manual" directory. The overhead panel also has a quick start button that will automatically go through the start up procedure and should get you up and running.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

danshane

Postby danshane » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:27 am

I have the very same issue. Helicopter engines stop and wont restart. I tried going through the panels and starting the engines manually. It did nothing. How did the rest of you resolve this issue?

h3pilot

Postby h3pilot » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:29 am

Using the procedures in the Quick Start Guide, I can sometimes get the engines started.

However, sometimes they just won't start or at least not all of them.

I often have trouble with the light gray starter switches staying down when I click them. If they pop back up before you have moved the PCL full forward, that engine will not start.

[POST EDITED TO ADHERE TO FORUM USER AGREEMENT]
Happy flying!

Matt

monir geadah

Postby monir geadah » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:41 pm

I also started to have the same issues.

Using the procedures in the Quick Start Guide, I can sometimes get the engines started.

However, sometimes they just won't start or at least not all of them.

the best option which sometime works for me is to load a flight with the helicopter stationed on the airport ground with the flight not in pause. Start the seven steps procedure in the quick start guide, using the virtual cockpit view while panning and zooming to the relevant panels. if the swishes do not respond to clicking press the P button on the kea board and try again. After finishing the seven steps and engines still not started try the shift+3 option which then work for me sometime.

Outside lights are not operative?

Landing gear get locked occasionally.

It is good to fly when the engines are running.

Monir

I will try to post some screeshots in the screenshots forum to show it flying and enjoing the scenery.

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”