» Value Added Resellers
The Prepar3D® Value Added Reseller (VAR) Program enables qualified resellers to offer Prepar3D® as part of their solution. Prepar3D VAR partners have very good knowledge of the product and deliver the high level of customer service that Lockheed Martin demands.
You do not need to be a VAR in order to provide Prepar3D solutions to your customers. The VAR program is a mechanism for high-volume purchasers to receive additional discounts. Solution providers can still purchase the software through our store for incorporation into solutions for your customer’s requirements.
Becoming a VAR
- Sign-up and purchase Prepar3D licenses from our store like normal.
- Once 20 licenses in a calendar year have been purchased, fill out and submit the application form located here.
- If the application is approved, a VAR agreement will be e-mailed to you.
- Approved VARs will also need to attend a short online training session regarding the VAR legal requirements.
- The VAR discount will be applied to your account.
What is a Value Added Reseller (VAR)?
A company which sells something (e.g. software) made by another company (an OEM) with extra components added (e.g. a simulator cockpit). You then sell the complete solution with “Prepar3D inside”.
Does Lockheed Martin offer Exclusive VAR agreements for Prepar3D?
Is there a territory involved?
No. Normally VARs operate within market verticals and territory exclusivity would be detrimental to VARs and very difficult to maintain.
Can I just sell the software?
Lockheed Martin prefers that the software is sold as part of a solution by VARs. The stand-alone software is already available for sale on the Prepar3D website. We do not require software resellers.
How do I become a VAR?
Go to the Partner area on Prepar3D website and follow the steps for becoming a VAR.