The Prepar3D team is excited to announce the third Hotfix update to Prepar3 v3.4 (126.96.36.19968). It can be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
This hotfix is to address reported issues and incompatibilities with SLI mode of NVIDIA hardware. We would like to extend a strong thank you to the NVIDIA team for working with us directly to resolve these issues! If using NVIDIA hardware, please ensure your graphic card drivers are updated to at least 378.49 before updating to Prepar3D v188.8.131.5268.
For those that are interested in updating, only the Client installer is required for Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix 3. The Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional. You must first have Prepar3D v3 installed to utilize the Client only installer.
To install the new Client, first uninstall your current Prepar3D v3 Client in Programs & Features / Windows Control Panel.
The Prepar3D v3.4 Client hotfix will require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection or have not made any major hardware changes between installations this should not be an issue. For more information please view the Prepar3D v3 Download and Installation Directions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 4.6.2 INSTALLED TO UPDATE TO HOTFIX 3
Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix 3
- Fixed performance issues when using SLI
- Fixed user interface flickering when using SLI
- Fixed particle flickering when using SLI
- Fixed an issue where the main window would not restore to maximized state after being minimized
- Fixed an issue where the main window would be minimized in the top left corner of its tab after changing modes in SimDirector
- Fixed an issue where loading would potentially hang at 100 percent
- Fixed a crash when loading multi-window VR scenarios
- Fixed an infinite loop hang when loading multi-window VR scenarios
- Fixed a bug that prevented avatar collision with other objects
- Fixed a hard crash when using weapons in a multiplayer session
- Fixed an issue where weapon selection would no longer work after using the avatar to attach to another vehicle in a multiplayer session
- Fixed an issue where orientation was not correctly being processed by the GetScreenCoord PDK function
- Added SensorModeNone and SensorModeGDATA custom camera post processes
- Fixed a hard crash when decoding certain METAR strings depending on the given wind speed units
Fixes and Improvements
Please be aware that some third developers might have to update their add-ons to be compatible with the hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions.
Thank you for your support of Prepar3D!