Showcasing A2A Simulations Accu-Sim C172 Trainer for Prepar3D
The Prepar3D team is proud to welcome A2A Simulations to it’s solution developer team, partner with them on future enhancements to the Prepar3D platform, and showcase their innovative development efforts.
A2A has released the Accu-Sim C172 Trainer for Prepar3D. If any aeroplane ever deserved to be called “classic”, then the venerable and ubiquitous Cessna 172 in all of its many variations surely deserves that title. It is a time-tested benchmark of aircraft efficiency, utility and excellence; it is one of the most recognizable aeroplanes. The Cessna 172 has endured going- on six decades, and is an indisputably traditional design.
*Credit and thanks to Rob Ainscough for the beautiful high resolution gallery.
- Experience one of the world’s most popular trainer airplanes.
- Immersive pre-flight inspection system designed by pilots while operating the actual Cessna 172.
- A true propeller simulation.
- Electric starter with accurate cranking power.
- Dynamic ground physics including both hard pavement and soft grass modeling.
- Primer-only starts are now possible. Accu-Sim monitors the amount of fuel injected and it’s effectiveness to start and run the engine.
- Persistent airplane where systems, corrosion, and temperatures are simulated even when the computer is off.
- Immersive in-cockpit, physics-driven sound environment from A2A engineered recordings.
- Complete maintenance hangar internal systems and detailed engine tests including compression checks.
- Piston combustion engine modelling. Air comes in, it mixes with fuel and ignites, parts move, heat up, and all work in harmony to produce the wonderful sound of a Lycoming 360 engine. Now the gauges look beneath the skin of your aircraft and show you what Accu-Sim is all about.
- Authentic Bendix King Avionics stack including the KMA 26 Audio Panel, two KX 155A NAV/COMMS, KR 87 ADF, KT 76C Transponder, KN 62A DME, and KAP 140 Two Axis Autopilot with altitude pre-selection.
- Three in-sim avionics configurations including no GPS, GPS 295, or the GNS 400.
- As with every A2A aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out, down to the last rivet.
- Designed and built to be flown “By The Book.”
- Visual Real-Time Load Manager, with the ability to load fuel, people, and baggage in real-time.
- Four naturally animated passengers that can sit in any seat including the pilot’s.
- 3D Lights ‘M’ (built directly into the model).
- Pure3D Instrumentation now with natural 3D appearance with exceptional performance.
- A total audible cockpit and sound engineered by A2A sound professionals.
- In cockpit pilot’s map for handy in-flight navigation.
- Authentic fuel delivery includes priming and proper mixture behaviour. Mixture can be tuned by the book using the EGT or by ear. It’s your choice.
- All models include A2A specialized materials with authentic metals, plastics, and rubber.
- Airflow, density and its temperature not only affect the way your aircraft flies, but how the internal systems operate.
- Real-world conditions affect system conditions, including engine temperatures.
- Spark plugs can clog and eventually foul if the engine is allowed to idle too low for too long. Throttling up an engine with oil-soaked spark plugs can help clear them out.
- Overheating can cause scoring of cylinder head walls which could ultimately lead to failure if warnings are ignored and overly abused
- Engine, airframe, cockpit panel and individual gauges tremble from the combustion engine.
- Authentic drag from the airframe and flaps
- System failures, including flaps that can independently jam or break based on the actual forces put upon them. If you deploy your flaps at too high a speed, you could find yourself in a very dangerous situation.
- Authentic battery. The battery capacity is based on temperature. The major draw comes from engine starting.
- Oil pressure system is affected by oil viscosity (oil thickness). Oil viscosity is affected by oil temperature. Now when you start the engine, you need to be careful to give the engine time to warm
- Eight commercial aviation sponsors have supported the project including Phillips 66 Aviation, Champion Aerospace, and Knots2u speed modifications.
All of this means you are using the same technology we license out to be used in the professional certified and non certified trainers used to train pilots world wide.
P3D section of the A2A Store;