The New Generation Light Twin-Engine Aircraft
Prepar3D Developer Network member Wilco Publishing announces a new title in the HiFi Simulations series: the P2006T by Tecnam!
The P2006T is a modern 4-seat light twin-engine aircraft. It is an excellent trainer for a twin engine aircraft as used by real life aircraft training companies. It is stable and provides superb all-round vision with the wing-high configuration.The P2006T features STOL and rough runway operation capabilities.
The P2006T project is based on the revolutionary, new aircraft engine, the Rotax 912S. This engine is specifically designed to incorporate the latest technologies developed by the automotive industry. The Rotax 912S is currently the only aircraft engine approved to utilize automotive fuel. Some of the benefits include: much lower operating costs, better power-to-weight ratio, lower fuel consumption. The Tecnam P2006T’s empty weight is the lowest among its direct competitors, while the payload is higher.
The wing-mounted engines relieve the aerodynamic load on the wing with a consequently lighter structure. The remarkable propulsive efficiency of the Tecnam P2006T is attributable to the low propeller rotating speed and the low engine drag. These, together with a streamlined fuselage, result in uncommonly efficient aerodynamics.
The P2006T was certified by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in 2009, and in 2010 by the FAA in the United States. The P2006T is manufactured by TECNAM (www.tecnam.net).
Exterior Model Features
- Built over the best plans available.
- All doors open and there is fully detailed engine bay (port) under removable cover.
- Amazing high resolution reflective and chrome textures bring the aircraft to life
- The little details like welded (spot welds as well as butt welds) areas and red ink check marks on suspension parts that add to realism are present.
- Innovative system to stop you from taking the engine cover off while engine is started and opening the passenger door while the engines are running. Safety is our middle name!
- Fully animated, realistic pilot movements
- Security and “remove before flight” display features.
- A choice of female or male left seat pilots is provided.
- High quality digital stereo sounds recorded directly from the real aircraft.
- Optimized modelling techniques used to ensure high frame rates while maintaining beautiful visuals.
- The emergency oil pressure gauge is mounted externally in the Tecnam. It is not only accurate in its readings but can be read in external views.
New added features:
- Accu-glow exterior night lighting. Light casts a glow onto the model and onto any moving parts that occlude the light. Extremely realistic lighting results.
- Accu-glide needles are super smooth animated needles for the analog gauges. Developed to combat poor frame rates in multiple gauge cockpits.
Analog panel cockpit with the following VFR/IFR instruments:
- Airspeed indicator
- Artificial Horizon indicator
- VOR/LOC with ILS
- Turn and Slip gauge
- Gyro compass
- Manifold Pressure (twin gauge)
- CHT per engine
- Oil pressure per engine
- Hydraulic pressure (system)
- Brake Pressure
- Battery voltage
- RPM per engine
- Flap indicator
- Fuel tank contents
- Bendix King radio
- Bendix King Transponder
Wilco’s P2006T is IFR “certified” for P3D:
- RMI with possible selection between VOR1/VOR2 and ADF
- HSI (coupled with VOR1)
- DME indicator
Interior Model Features
- Wilco’s P2006T features a complete 3D virtual cockpit with multiple functional switches, knobs, and levers.
- Using the very latest in modelling and texturing techniques, the interior is practically real!
- All placards are reproduced in pin-sharp clarity and can be read at any distance.
- Every switch, knob and lever works just like the real thing – many with unique programming code.
To purchase Wilco Publishing’s Tecnam P2006T for Prepar3D visit the product website.