Advice on multi monitor cockpit

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
paddler

Advice on multi monitor cockpit

Postby paddler » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:52 pm

I currently run a P3D v4.4 flight sim cockpit using 3 X UHD 24 inch Dell monitors (1900 x 1200) in NVIDIA surround. I also have a 10 inch Faytec touch screen monitor for my F1 GTN 750 GPS on an NVIDIA GEFORCE 980 TI card. It worked like a charm. However one of my 24 inch monitors just died (won't power on) and needs to be replaced. I now fly with just two 24 in monitors (left and center of old setup on a resolution of 3840 x 1200) until I replace the broken one. My plan would be to modify the setup so the two existing 24 inch screens become the left and right view with a new 34 inch curved screen as the center monitor. The new 34 in screen would have a resolution of 2440 x 1440 (2K) or even maybe 4K. Future plans will be to eventually upgrade with new CPU and GPU in a year or so once new gen of GPUs settles in and prices drop.

My primary question is with two monitors of 1900 x 1200 resolution will the cockpit still work in NVIDIA Surround with another monitor of 3440 x 1440 resolution? Would it work in windowed mode? I prefer surround as I also use Track IR.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a 34 inch curved monitor? I prefer one of 1800 R or 1900 R curvature. I would appreciate any other advice re how to set up the cockpit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rick

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”