[RESOLVED] Crash To Desktop After update

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
smx55

[RESOLVED] Crash To Desktop After update

Postby smx55 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:40 pm

I did the update 4.1 and after I kept getting a missing scenery CFG. Couldn't fix the problem so I did a full uninstall and fresh install......now it fixed the scenery cfg, but now once it loads at the main screen it crashes to the desktop...no warning or error. Vehicle selection is blank. No addons have been installed since the fresh install.

I have tried the fresh install like 3 times, and I did follow the instruction as to how to uninstall correctly. Any ideas as to what my be wrong? Thanks

Poppet
Lockheed Martin

Re: Crash To Desktop After update

Postby Poppet » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:43 am

Hello smx55

Just to confirm, Did you also delete the 3 generated folders when you Uninstalled Prepar3D ? If not please see the link below for steps to automatically remove these folders

After you complete this launch Prepar3D and test

viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=127013#p168546

Let us know how you get on and if needed we can take more steps
Elaine Dixon
Prepar3D® Forum Global Moderator

Installing, Updating & Uninstalling Prepar3D-----------General Debugging Steps-----------How to Post Screenshots

smx55

Re: Crash To Desktop After update

Postby smx55 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:20 am

That worked ! Funny I tried that when trying to fix the scenery cfg and it didn't help, but that work for this problem

Thank you !

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”