GPU hangs when going from the exterior views to the cockpit view

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Erenasss

GPU hangs when going from the exterior views to the cockpit view

Postby Erenasss » Thu May 14, 2020 5:19 pm

As mentioned in the subject, my GPU just hangs when switching from the exterior view to the interior view in certain aircraft such as PMDG's 747 QOTSII, compatible with v5. I have the hotfix installed but to no avail. Error reason is DXGI_Error_Device_Hung. I tried lowering my graphics, reinstalling my drivers, doing a clean reinstall of p3d v5, together with the hotfix, changing the TdrLevel to 0, but nothing works. Any help is welcome.

Martyson

Re: GPU hangs when going from the exterior views to the cockpit view

Postby Martyson » Fri May 15, 2020 10:14 am

As mentioned in the subject, my GPU just hangs when switching from the exterior view to the interior view in certain aircraft such as PMDG's 747 QOTSII, compatible with v5. I have the hotfix installed but to no avail. Error reason is DXGI_Error_Device_Hung. I tried lowering my graphics, reinstalling my drivers, doing a clean reinstall of p3d v5, together with the hotfix, changing the TdrLevel to 0, but nothing works. Any help is welcome.
What are your system specs?
OS and OS version?

Did you have this problem before installing PMDG's 747 QOTSII?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Erenasss

Postby Erenasss » Fri May 15, 2020 5:22 pm

What are your system specs?
OS and OS version?

Did you have this problem before installing PMDG's 747 QOTSII?
Windows 10 Home
CPU : Ryzen 5 3550H 3.7GHz
GPU : Radeon RX560X 4gb VRAM DDR6
RAM : 8GB DDR4
1TB HDD

Also, to answer your other question, yeah I was getting it in other addon aircraft such as the PMDG NGXu, but I didn't do anything about it because it's not yet fully compatible, while the PMDG 747 QOTSII is.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri May 15, 2020 5:52 pm

Have you tested the default LM aircraft?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Erenasss

Postby Erenasss » Fri May 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Have you tested the default LM aircraft?
I have, they work well, no errors at all. Only happens in certain planes and in certain situations. In the cockpit everything's , when I go outside everything's also ok, but when I try to go back in, my GPU hangs. Only really happened in the NGXu (not supported yet, couldn't say I didn't expect an error) and in the 747 QOTSII (which is fully compatible with v5). Sometimes it crashes while the camera is still outside after I press the cockpit view button and sometimes it goes into the cockpit, loads the textures and then hangs. It always hangs.

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”