DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
brianv

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Postby brianv » Sun May 03, 2020 11:31 am

Thanks for quick feedback. I tried also to dial down my graphics specs... low shadow quality, no water reflections, ... and this takes the load down to about 2.3 / 3.4 GPU so it might just be that my PC and 980 GTX is starting to show its age. This will hopefully do for now.

eallan

Postby eallan » Sun May 03, 2020 12:22 pm

i did all that too, made no difference.

Currently (after the fix) I'm running scenery and complexity at max, Vsync at 70, FXAA, 4xMultisampling but no autogen,
Actually, for my 320 cockpit, this is fine as the airports and fixed scenery (Orbx) look pretty good anyway.

One thing that really improved performance (apropos to nothing in this thread) was turning off hyperthreading.

To the reply to my post - this also happens on other games too. Both Evolve and Athena have reported the same problems.

For some people downgrading the drivers worked but this isn't easy for me as my sim is not internet-connected and is an hours drive away.
P3D v4.5 Orbx, Skalarki A320 Project Full cockpit, Jeehell FMGS A320. I7, 16gb, 2x GTX1080ti in SLI. 3x Benq 1080st Projectors

JvS68

Postby JvS68 » Wed May 06, 2020 11:01 am

Team,

I purchased P3D 5 yesterday and consistently and reproduce-able get the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error.

I start P3D at default settings on a cleanly started PC in the default Scenario F35-A @ KRND.

After start I go View --> New view --> Spot and the Sim immediately crashes with this error.
Also if I go to Views --> View Management --> Manage Cameras the SIM crashes.

So for now P3D 5 is unusable for me, happy to provide any details or log/debug-files if it helps. Hope the root-cause can be found quickly.

PC Details:
- MB: Asrock X570 STEEL LEGEND
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- RAM: 32GB DDR4
- GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT PULSE
- GPU drivers, latest Radeon drivers (20.4.2)

Best regards,

Johan

PS. I run other CPU/GPU intensive programs & games and system is stable as a rock with those.

l_schuiling

Postby l_schuiling » Wed May 06, 2020 2:02 pm

i seeem to be able to trigger this error by switching from NON sli to SLI and if SLI enabled select framerendering 1 or 2

seems indeed related to the refresh issue, however rather strange that P3dv4.5 HF3 did not have any SLI related issues and P3dv5 does not seem to support SLI at all

I have a Super2070 in sli setup just for this sim, so it would be nice to have it fixed

best regards
Leon

Alabamaboy59

Postby Alabamaboy59 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:22 am

I get this in my event viewer

application prepar3d.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”