SLI Profile

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
davidzill

SLI Profile

Postby davidzill » Mon May 07, 2018 2:17 am

Before I begin, I used the search function and was unable to locate a solid answer. Is anyone using SLI with positive results? If so, could you advise of all the necessary SLI settings?

downscc

Re: SLI Profile

Postby downscc » Mon May 07, 2018 4:21 pm

There are quite a few of us that are active in the AVSIM P3D forum with SLI. However, I'm not sure that there are any "SLI settings." The NVidia driver will detect that you have dual cards and automatically set up the SLI configuration, all we have to do is verify that it does that using the driver user interface. All those graphics settings in P3D still work the same, the biggest difference may not be noticed until you have a scene that used to drop frame rates when you find the drop is less. Another minor difference I noted between a single 980Ti and dual SLI 1080Ti was that I no longer use any frame rate limit..., I just leave it alone at unlimited and it provides very fluid animation in all situations. The largest advantage in my own opinion is the 11 GB of VRAM that the 1080Ti brings to the table, and this allows for the use of the TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 tweak with amazing visual results.... but that could be done with one card with > 8 GB.
Dan Downs
KCRP

davidzill

Postby davidzill » Thu May 10, 2018 5:21 pm

There are quite a few of us that are active in the AVSIM P3D forum with SLI. However, I'm not sure that there are any "SLI settings." The NVidia driver will detect that you have dual cards and automatically set up the SLI configuration, all we have to do is verify that it does that using the driver user interface. All those graphics settings in P3D still work the same, the biggest difference may not be noticed until you have a scene that used to drop frame rates when you find the drop is less. Another minor difference I noted between a single 980Ti and dual SLI 1080Ti was that I no longer use any frame rate limit..., I just leave it alone at unlimited and it provides very fluid animation in all situations. The largest advantage in my own opinion is the 11 GB of VRAM that the 1080Ti brings to the table, and this allows for the use of the TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 tweak with amazing visual results.... but that could be done with one card with > 8 GB.
Thanks! In your Nvidia Control Panel, what is your SLI rendering mode set to?

downscc

Postby downscc » Fri May 11, 2018 4:12 pm

I've left it at NVidia Recommended (SLI).
Dan Downs
KCRP

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”