[RESOLVED] P3D v4 crashes.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
jsmcwilliam

[RESOLVED] P3D v4 crashes.

Postby jsmcwilliam » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:20 pm

I run version 4.1.7.22841 under windows 10 and have had no major issues over the last few months. The program is installed on my D:\ drive. A few weeks ago I installed a music program (finale) on my E:\ drive and have been fully occupied with that. Now when I try to run P3D and load the Mooney Brave on the active runway after about 30-60 seconds, ( I do absolutely nothing and the only addon active is ORBX scenery and EZCA which seems to be working normally), I get a Windows error telling me P3DV4.exe has stopped working. The program closes. I ran the repair option for P3D but this did not help!! Please help me to solve this problem.
John

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D v4 crashes.

Postby Brady Butler » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:35 pm

Hello John,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Also, can you provide the details of your system?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

jsmcwilliam

Re: P3D v4 crashes.

Postby jsmcwilliam » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I followed your instructions as far as deleting the addons. I installed an updated driver and deleted EZCA. This did not help me. Then I deleted the Majestic Q400 and my PMDG 737 including my FS2Crew addons. This solved the problem. I reinstalled everything and all is running smoothly again. It is perhaps a pity that I did not uninstall the aircraft one at a time to find out which one was causing the problem, however, I suspect it was the PMDG 737 since I have had problems with it before. Thanks again - life is back to normal for the time being!
John

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”