Dual Monitor

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
lear31a

Dual Monitor

Postby lear31a » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:34 am

Hi, I just installed two 1920x1200 screens side-by-side and am having some trouble setting them up with Prepar3d. The idea is that they'd be used for a virtual cockpit view.

I tried to run the windows across both screens and then maximize, which generally works fine.

The first issue is that I can't seem to zoom out to less than 0.30x, and so the cockpit is still quite large. Given all that real estate, I'd really like to get a bit more cockpit on the screen (without simply changing the view).

The second issue (and most important) is that I'd really like to move the focal point. I've read this thread: https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120291 and tried to use side angles, but the view doesn't seem to change at all.

I'm wondering if someone is running a virtual cockpit dual monitor setup here, and if so, how they're doing it. Thanks.

mmerelles

Re: Dual Monitor

Postby mmerelles » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:27 am

have you been able to solve issue #2?

i am trying to configure a dual monitor setup via nvidia surround which provides one large screen to the sim 3910x1080, when running p3d the camera is centered to the 2 monitors, i want to recenter/shift the focal point to be centered to the left monitor were i am sitting on the sim.

on xplane this is called lateral offset and takes 3 seconds to adjust via the rendering menu, literally. I am unable how to achieve this on p3dv4

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Dual Monitor

Postby Rob McCarthy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:34 pm

The zoom level in the virtual cockpit is limited to 0.3. If you enable the "Wide-view Aspect Ratio" option in the Options->Graphics->Display menu this will render a wider field of view of the cockpit.

There are various key commands that move the eyepoint of the camera. If you open the Options->Controls->Key Assignments menu and search for "Eyepoint" you can see the default key bindings for these commands.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”