Video Card Application

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
pilot100ll

Video Card Application

Postby pilot100ll » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Hello all,
I am new to the forum. I am new to P3d. Thanks for the welcome.

My question involves a computer video card question. Here's my situation. I have a brand new built dedicated simulator system running P3D v4 and a Solidworks 2017 CAD/CAM software package. I was wondering if anyone out there knows what video card will run both systems without loss of performance?

P3D suggests a GTX1080 and Solidworks suggests a Nvidia quadro 4000. As I cannot install both video cards on my system, is there a GPU that would run both flawlessly or a preference? I don't want to give up performance on either software.

I have contacted both solidworks and Nvidia and they both cannot offer any trustable content. It's all about the sales. I am looking for the best for performance. Price is not an issue. I appreciate the feedback.

dmzagar

Re: Video Card Application

Postby dmzagar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:35 pm

pilot100ll,
First I don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be happy with Prepar3D v4 and the quadro 4000. And there may be a reason that SolidWorks is incompatible with a GTX1080 that isn't obvious to me. So from my point of view, you should investigate the SolidWorks recommendation. In the past I have run SoildWorks on a variety of platforms without issue, and interpret the quadro 4000 as a minimum recommendation.
Good luck,
Dave

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”