Fix for KTRI poles, red towers, and P3d billboards

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
joenel20

Fix for KTRI poles, red towers, and P3d billboards

Postby joenel20 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:11 am

[imghttps://ibb.co/PYLx13Q
https://ibb.co/W2bKN39
https://ibb.co/FJ1YbQn][/img]

Please include a fix for KTRI to remove poles at terminal ramp, a number of red towers surrounding the airport, and P3D billboards at GA ramp and at runway 23.

Thanks,
Joe

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Re: Fix for KTRI poles, red towers, and P3d billboards

Postby Max Perry » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Can you confirm what the red towers should be in real life? These are from the FAA's obstruction database. They are somewhat genericly reported but are hazards with lights a lot of the time.

This airport isn't 100% to scale so our FAA obstructions objects while in the right place-ish (maybe not right type of object) and the terminal / apron is not.

I can snag the billboards , usually they are for the highways on the approach.

joenel20

Postby joenel20 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Thanks for reply. I see a series of 5 towers to right and behind terminal building. Also, the poles located at terminal ramp
should be in parking lot behind the terminal. Those poles are gray in day with red light flashing at top. They don't look like parking lot lighting. Not sure what they are. Removing the billboards and poles at terminal parking would be great. I have tried several flights from KTRI to KTYS. Everyone has crashed about 300 foot altitude for no reason. It just hits the ground . Everything lined up for landing and then the ground jumps up and crashes. I do have the Orbx scenery installed, base and LC North American for P3DV5. I have tried different default ac and other P3DV4 ac with same result jet or prop. KTYS is default scenery. I have tried V5 slowly with short flights and simple ac to test.
Thanks again
Joe

joenel20

Postby joenel20 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:44 pm

I described the terminal poles incorrectly. The poles are located at the KTRI terminal GATE. Sorry for mistake.

Joe

Sabre57

Postby Sabre57 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:03 pm

I have these objects at my local field in P3D, KFNT, and believe they could be at any airport. At my field these are light poles for tarmac lighting. I've also seen many of these objects along expressways. I assume they are light poles as well and they seem way to large. As a temporary fix I've renamed the hazards.bgl file so they don't get rendered.

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:18 pm

The poles themselves won't be changing ( i don't have the data to tell me if they are windsocks, light posts, or flag poles.
I'll look at your billboards and there's objects called TV Towers we are going to be replacing.

Main problem is the terminal as it is now in v5 is just in the wrong place and the pole are in the right place (maybe not the right pole). Removing your hazards .bgl might also cause you to lose some other generic objects. You could probably edit that .bgl in ModelConverterX and remove/replace the objects as you see fit.

joenel20

Postby joenel20 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:03 am

I used another program and removed the towers, poles, and billboards from KTRI. Thanks for helping me!
Are you working on a fix for the CTD on approaches to certain airports? Approach to runway 23R at KTYS is a CTD every time regardless of A/C.
Thanks,
Joe

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:18 am

Can you report your CTD in a separate thread with computer specs and repro steps, sounds serious...this is scenery stuff :P

yvjjflores

Postby yvjjflores » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Hey What about the Virtual Reality and Help options in the menu bar, they disappear in the second photo...

Chazzer5

Postby Chazzer5 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:30 pm

As a temporary fix I've renamed the hazards.bgl file so they don't get rendered.

I've noticed these poles around some airports, hundreds, if not thousands of feet high. An example is KSFM. As I descend toward the airport, the poles gradually shrink until they turn out to be things like windsocks or lighted poles roughly 10 feet high.

I will try the tip above to get rid of them in the meantime.

Return to “Other Support Questions”