Built-in G1000 Skips inputs in 2D Mode

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
joshuamarius

Built-in G1000 Skips inputs in 2D Mode

Postby joshuamarius » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:54 am

Hello all, I am experiencing a weird problem while testing the built in G1000 in several of the default Aircraft (No add-ons).
I am on Windows 10 x64, version 1809, Prepar3D Version: 4.5.12.30293
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
Intel Core i7-3770K, 3.5 GHz
16 GB DDR3 1600

Test Case 1:
Loaded up the Mooney Bravo with the G1000. I have rotary encoders to increase/decrease the page/group selection. They work as expected while in the Virtual Cockpit (I zoom in to look at the PFD screen). The input begins right after you hit the Direct-To button. The problem happens when I click on Vehicle > Instrument panel > PFD and the 2D instrument loads and I click on Direct-To button, allowing me to type or input. When I move the encoder, the input skips. For example, as I rotate the encoder, I will see 1,3,5,7...A, C, E, G, instead of 1,2,3,4,5...A,B,C,D etc...
I thought it was the Rotary Encoder, so I unplugged them, assigned keyboard shortcuts to these keys (G1000 PFD Group Inc and Dec) - and the same thing happens with the keyboard shortcut. It works perfectly in the Virtual Cockpit view, but skips one entry in the 2D view.
Here is where it gets interesting. If you change the main view to Tower, or aircraft external view, etc and you load the 2D PFD, it works as expected. It is only when you are in 3D Cockpit view that the behavior can be seen on 2D PFD.
The same thing happens on all available Aircraft built into Prepar3d with the G1000.

Test Case 2:
Loaded G1000 from several Add-on aircraft and performed the same test. As an example, used the Flight1 Citation Mustang Version 2. Both 3D and 2D cockpit views work as expected.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

joshuamarius

Re: Built-in G1000 Skips inputs in 2D Mode

Postby joshuamarius » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:16 am

Anybody? :(

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:40 am

"I will see 1,3,5,7...A, C, E, G, instead of 1,2,3,4,5...A,B,C,D etc..."

I tested and I seen the same.

Additional note:
And, if you use the keyboard to type e.g., an 8 you will get multiples ( two 8's) .

But my normal flight ops would use the 2D or VC cockpit not the Vehicle > Instrument panel > selections.

From the VC cockpit I get all "zoomed" views e.g., of the PFD etc. using Ezdok.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

joshuamarius

Postby joshuamarius » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:14 am

Additional note:
And, if you use the keyboard to type e.g., an 8 you will get multiples ( two 8's) .
Same problem here with the keyboard, but even if you zoom in to the PFD in the VC I still get the same problem. The problem goes away if you leave the PFD up and change your view to an External view E.G. Locked Spot.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:42 am

Additional note:
Same problem here with the keyboard, but even if you zoom in to the PFD in the VC I still get the same problem. The problem goes away if you leave the PFD up and change your view to an External view E.G. Locked Spot.
In your first post you mentioned "I have rotary encoders to increase/decrease the page/group selection.".

Are you building a home cockpit?

Are you using multiple monitors?

If you are in the VC cockpit and bring up the PFD (Shift + 4) and Undock the PFD all should work.
Give it a test.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

joshuamarius

Postby joshuamarius » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:51 am

In your first post you mentioned "I have rotary encoders to increase/decrease the page/group selection.".

Are you building a home cockpit?

Are you using multiple monitors?

If you are in the VC cockpit and bring up the PFD (Shift + 4) and Undock the PFD all should work.
Give it a test.
Yes it is a home Cockpit. The problem goes away when you are in external view or with an Add-on aircraft, such as the Flight 1 Citation mustang. I am using multiple monitors. I did bring up the PFD and undocked it. I also tried moving it from monitor to monitor. It is definitely a bug. I also tested in FSX:SE and the same exact problem occurs.
It's not the hardware/encoders because any keyboard or even joystick key assigned produces the same problem. It only happens with Built-in aircraft and in 3D Cockpit view.

Return to “Other Support Questions”