[RESOLVED] Lost flatten of ES ST Marys Scilly Isles airport after V4.4 Client update my

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
monir geadah

[RESOLVED] Lost flatten of ES ST Marys Scilly Isles airport after V4.4 Client update my

Postby monir geadah » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:33 pm

Help me get it flattened if you can as my grand children like flying over marvellous Earth Simulations animated scenery addons.

Monir

downscc

Re: Lost flatten of ES ST Marys Scilly Isles airport after V4.4 Client update my

Postby downscc » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Do you have orbx vector? If so, run the AEC tool. If not, is this airport a third party addon? If so, you should seek support from that third party. It is odd that a client only update would cause this, are you sure it didn't exist before the update?
Dan Downs
KCRP

monir geadah

Re: Lost flatten of ES ST Marys Scilly Isles airport after V4.4 Client update my

Postby monir geadah » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi Dan.
I do not have any Orbex scenery. Unfortunately Earth Simulations gone out of business due to ill health. However their scenery addons were Great and works well in P3D V4.4. I think the airport was working Ok before the update. My UK 2000 vol 1 scenery have the same loss of flatten in ST Marys and also lying on a broken clif,after the update ?

Thank you.

Monir

downscc

Postby downscc » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:45 pm

If you didn't update scenery then I don't know why this would change.

Basically, you have an addon airport with an elevation that does not match the surrounding terrain elevation. If you are familiar with ADE you can get the ProKey version for a couple of bucks and use it to change the elevation of the airport. Alternatively you can try commercial addon mesh products to fix the surrounding terrain. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

One thought, it could be that the addon scenery had a scenery elevation pre-load bgl in the <p3d>\scenery\world\scenery folder and now this is missing? Or maybe one exists and needs to be turned off? Hard to tell with little information you've provided.
Dan Downs
KCRP

ananda

Postby ananda » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by ananda on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ananda

Postby ananda » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:55 pm

monir geadah

Postby monir geadah » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 pm

I am sorry that I created by mistake two threads with the same heading on this client application forum.

viewforum.php?f=6312 .

First to say to Dan. As explained in the other thread. this problem was not there in earlier P3D versions. When my main hard disc C failed and had to replace it and reinstal full version of P3D Version 4.3 then couple of days later followed with the client update only to V4.4. So probably I guess that P3D V4.3 was not back compatible with some old scenery addons including some textures loss of couple of my favourit old aircrafts. However As I said before the last updat is great regarding better graffics for VFR photographic scenery and slightly better frame rates two on my mideocre middle grade seven years old system. George may still recall that good old Shep recommended at the time to have at least 8 Gb of phisical Ram. At that time olso good old Shep and George devised the Principle of All in one folder Which I still have for all England and Wales Scenery addon and another one for Scotland scenery.

Second, Thank you George for your latest advise and help by email. Will try and find out more tomorrow, as it is getting late.

Good night from me.

Monir

BLB

Postby BLB » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 am

Hello, the flattens are stocked in Scenery/world/scenery or in addon scenery/scene folder,
try to disable the file by changing its extension ex: AFX_airport_ALT.bgl to AFX_airport_ALT.OFF
and see the result .
Core I7 3770, GTX 970 : http://fran-avia-virt.clicforum.fr

monir geadah

Postby monir geadah » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi BLB.

Thank you for your input. unfortunately I do not seem to have the [ AFX_airport_ALT.bgl] any where in my P3D Version 4.4.

Monir

monir geadah

Postby monir geadah » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:26 pm

Thanks to private help and advise by George [ananda] problem is finally solved.

George allowed me to use his version of ES St Marys airport for the ES Scilly Isles addon scenery which works great when you add a created folder containing the flaten bgl file which must be added to the P3D V4.4 scenery library and moved to lie below Base000.

Thanks to all other members for their input too.
Presently I am unable to post more than one screenshot at a time ?? why. ? Using only free post image hosting site.

Thanks again George

Monir

monir geadah

Postby monir geadah » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:43 pm

one more screen shot.

Monir

monir geadah

Postby monir geadah » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:45 pm

one more.

monir geadah

Postby monir geadah » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:47 pm

last one.

Monir

monir geadah

Postby monir geadah » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:18 pm

https://youtu.be/MT7DjHnfd64

My first attempt at using Nvidia GeForce Experience for video recording .
A short Heli ride over properly lying ES St Marys airport in the ES Scilly Isles scenery addon.
P3D Version 4.4 is great and the whole ES Isles of Scilly scenery and hundred of different animations are there to be sampled and enjoyed by a helicopter low level flying.

Monir

Return to “Other Support Questions”