Turboprob engine modelling

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
iainp93

Turboprob engine modelling

Postby iainp93 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Hello all, first post here.

Thoroughly enjoying the benefits of a stable 64bit environment, excellent work there.

However, do you have plans to address the turboprop engine modelling in P3D? It's always been the fly in the ointment for myself and I'm sure it's the same for many others (I know this has been a legacy problem from way back in the days of FS2002/2004).
Chief problem for me is how the fuel flow gain value in the .cfg is not separated between the startup and normal power lever range so when starting a TP in-sim without variable condition levers (basically simulating anything other than a PT-6 engine), the power maxes out for several seconds before reducing to idle which is incredibly unrealistic.
Excuse any ignorance on my part but is there not a way to program in an additional start-up fuel flow that perhaps "throttles" the gain value until normal idle has been achieved just like a real-world fuel control module would?

Kind regards,

Iain

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”