[RESOLVED] Prepar3d CTD

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Shouko

[RESOLVED] Prepar3d CTD

Postby Shouko » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:36 am

Hello,

I have recieved my new computer (except for my external GPU - will get it late July/early August) and directly had to install Prepar3d v4. So far so good, the installation went smoothly and without incidents. But this is where everything started.

I started Prepar3d v4 up and simply hit start flight when reaching the splash screen to check the frames. When it was finished loading, it took surely between 15-30 seconds to also build up everything inside the sim. Starting that "after building time", my frames enver exceeded 10 fps. After reducing every ruler in graphics to minimum and being on a standard airport, I get between 15-25 fps in a standard plane. Then I installed PMDG T7 and started it just not to exceed 12fps.
Then it happened several times that I got a CTD but without an error message. It happened once before and just now that I got an error message, claiming that ai_player.dll is the culprit. After playing around I was able to fix that issue myself - except for just before as I was sick of trying.

I tried several settings and changing stuff just not to get any results.

My specs are:
Intel i5-4670k 3.4Ghz OC to 4,05GHz
8 GB RAM

I assume that's all you need to know

And yes, I always did the debugging "checklist" without positive outcome

Poppet

Re: Prepar3d CTD

Postby Poppet » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:32 am

Hello Shouko

What Graphics Card do you have Installed ?

Shouko

Re: Prepar3d CTD

Postby Shouko » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Hello Shouko

What Graphics Card do you have Installed ?
I currently use the integrated Intel HD 4600 Graphics card.
It seems like I somehow managed to solve the issue myself by letting all sliders stay at minimum. I just completed a ~9 hour flight from LOWW to TNCM.

Luckily, I get my normal 970 end of august back.

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”