P3Dv4 Hotfix 1 Video Card Over heat !

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jross194

Re: P3Dv4 Hotfix 1 Video Card Over heat !

Postby jross194 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:25 am

FWIW, I'm running warmer too with HF1 installed. Have placed a small desktop fan to pull heat away. No shutdowns (this is all non-technical) yet. I could heat my room with my PC alone now :)

Just an observation; it does seem to be running hotter. Thought it was nothing more than better utilization of HW on P3D's part...

nVidia 1080, 16gb
intel i6700k at 4400mhz, liquid cooled
32gb mem

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:36 am

FWIW, I'm running warmer too with HF1 installed. Have placed a small desktop fan to pull heat away. No shutdowns (this is all non-technical) yet. I could heat my room with my PC alone now :)

Just an observation; it does seem to be running hotter. Thought it was nothing more than better utilization of HW on P3D's part...

nVidia 1080, 16gb
intel i6700k at 4400mhz, liquid cooled
32gb mem
Can you show screenshots of your temps?

" I could heat my room with my PC alone now"
How many watts is your PC's power supply?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

starseed1

Postby starseed1 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Still awaiting a viable fix for this issue from the LM team.If this is happening to you call out for a solution please. Thanks.

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Postby Brady Butler » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:51 pm

starseed1,

We still haven't been able to reproduce this issue. I've tested multiple builds and every test run I've done has the same temperatures before and after the hotfix. I kept the settings exactly the same for each test. I looked at your video card specs: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop ... ifications
Note the maximum temperature.

Also, your GPU should have it's own GPU monitoring tool that's specifically made for your graphics card for the most accurate readings. For example, if your card is EVGA, here is EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960's monitoring tool: https://www.evga.com/precisionxoc/

Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, etc. should also have their own GPU monitoring tools.

For now I'd recommend reducing settings until your GPU is less stressed. I'd also look to see if you're CPU bound before the hotfix and then no longer CPU bound after the hotfix.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Sky_King

Postby Sky_King » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Please read my post thoroughly. It says clearly {no addons no augmentation in a default aircraft}
I wanted to include a photo of the current status running the original build mentioned on my last post .
This is how it should be running with the fix added. see photo.
I would appreciate a solution instead of comments regarding my system. Here is the proof.

http://puu.sh/wwCSw/e5f05c8920.png
This doesn't happen with my system either. Rather than being belligerent and belittling LM folks perhaps it is something unique to your system. Have you updated your video drivers recently? I seem to remember that there are issues with Nvidia's newest driver (saw this on other forums). Of course, I am running a Radeon card.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Black Edition Motherboard; Intel I7-4790K CPU; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win 10 Pro; 2 - Samsung 1Tb SSDs; Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte 1080ti Extreme 11 Gb VRAM. P3D v5 HF1

starseed1

Postby starseed1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:22 am

Apparently I'm NOT the only one having this issue. Again when I take out the Hotfix it goes away. This has happened on 2 different computers. Trying to reproduce something on your system doent mean it not an issue. IT ONLY HAPPENS WITH THE HOTFIX. The original build works fine I hardly think its the new computer I have. With the list of issues I see on the forum since the fix was implemented maybe it should be reworked. I ahve done everything you asked . No solution

Irontower

Postby Irontower » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:04 am

Hi,
did anyone who have this problem looked at the framerates? Could it be that vsync or the framerate limiter didn't work after the Hotfix? My two GTX970 run at 38°C (watercooled) with 50 frames limited. Without vsync they go up to 55°C at around
80-120 frames. Only a sugestion.
regards

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”