P3Dv4 Hotfix 1 Video Card Over heat !

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Geir Haukland

Re: P3Dv4 Hotfix 1 Video Card Over heat !

Postby Geir Haukland » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:28 am

My system is a little warm also. Not sure if it was before the hotfix. Dev edition - no add-ons

temps with P3D minimized but still running - not paused GPU temp 43 degrees.

edit:

All sliders maxed out I get very warm readings.
82 degrees GPU and 75 degrees CPU
With reduced graphics, scenery and simobjects.
67 degrees GPU and 70 degrees CPU

dont use speccy, is not reliable to monitor the temp, use this little software instead:
Core Temp
Asus Z170-A-1151 - intel i7-6700K@4GHz - Asus ROG NVidia GTX 1050 TI Strix 4GB - 32GB HyperX DDR4@2400 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H100x Watercooling

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Postby Brady Butler » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:38 am

Respectfully,
Once again default plane default airport. The question remains why does this NOT happen in the original build? Yes I removed the Hotfix and all is back to normal. Obviously it is in the update if it was my system it would occur in P3Dv4 with or with out. Because you can't reproduce this issue doesn't mean its not a problem. Check the post further up someone reported similar issues.I Just want to get the update features in my system apparently they are necessary to have the full benefit of what I paid for.

Note: I am a paying customer and have purchased both P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 as I am a avid flyer and want to continue to support your product problem free.
starseed1,

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not intending to be difficult, we're just trying to help you work on your issue. You're going to have to break this down for me pretty well for me to be able to help. The reason I mentioned we cannot reproduce the issue is because we cannot identify the problem without a system that produces the issue. We're trying to identify what is making your setup different so that we can better attempt to reproduce/fix it.

What we know:
  • Prepar3D is running fine without the hotfix on your system.
  • After installing the hotfix, Prepar3D is running hot on your system. (I'd make a bad pun here but I'm supposed to be professional)

What I've personally tested since responding to this post (all of which had normal GPU temp readings):
  • Running Prepar3D with default/max settings at work.
  • Clean install of Prepar3D with default/max settings on my personal computer when I got home.
  • Installing the hotfix on my personal computer and running Prepar3D with the same default/max settings.

What we need to know to help: (and please be overly specific, as we cannot make assumptions)
  1. Regardless if you're running "default plane, default airport", have you tried to run Prepar3D with the hotfix, without any add-ons installed? Add-ons can still affect Prepar3D even while not selected/active.
  2. Are you getting these temperatures with specific settings or even with the default settings while running Prepar3D?
  3. When running Prepar3D with the hotfix, are you using the same settings that you ran on Prepar3D before the hotfix?
  4. Is your GPU driver up-to-date?
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

ronh991

Postby ronh991 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:13 pm

Core temp driver failed to load issue. Won't be fixed till sometime in July. Plus the bundled toolbar and other unrelated programs get installed.

Warning to others make sure you uncheck the extra software to be intalled
Ron

starseed1

Postby starseed1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:13 pm

ronh991, Thank you for your input! I believe there has been this issue with regard to others not knowing their systems are running HOT unless they check temperatures. If I understand correctly this is a problem that will not be fixed until July sometime ? " Core temp driver failed to load issue"
"uncheck the extra software to be intalled" sorry where is this located?

Brady Butler:
Yes as specific as I can be sir. The same settings are replicated in P3dv4 with out Hotfix1 all normal 48c-56c with or without addon scenery. specifically FsDreamteam & Flightbeam.

Same setting again with Hotfix1 with or with out addon scenery inordinately HOT 89c-92c this is dangerous to the system.
And yes being professional is important ,however it is literally a HOT-fix. LOl
My system is newer and up to date.

Please advise of a fix and timeline.Thanks

jimos

Postby jimos » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Now you mentioned it i upgraded to the new update today and also noticed an increase in fan speed

starseed1

Postby starseed1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Took your advise and downloaded Core Temp. Well it actually shows the system running Hotter then on Speecy
if Core Temp is more accurate.

Note this is with out Hotfix 1 at about normal temps.

http://puu.sh/wxqVl/4cae70e0af.png

ronh991

Postby ronh991 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:52 pm

ronh991, Thank you for your input! I believe there has been this issue with regard to others not knowing their systems are running HOT unless they check temperatures. If I understand correctly this is a problem that will not be fixed until July sometime ? " Core temp driver failed to load issue"
"uncheck the extra software to be intalled" sorry where is this located?
Sorry I was talking about coretemp - does not work on my system, plus it adds an icon for goodgames site if you don't un check it.

The July fix is for core temp.

Edit: as a test I went back to 4.0.23 (pre hotfix) and got close to the same temps. I have a laptop and expect the high temps.
Ron

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Postby Brady Butler » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:10 pm

starseed1,

I'd have a better test case if I knew what settings you're using. I'm assuming you have a saved profile for the settings that are causing your overheating.

Can you copy/paste the following path into your windows explorer:
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

Then upload whatever the profile name is into dropbox and post it here?

For example, if your settings name was Max, in the folder it will be called "Max.cfg"

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:51 pm

Just started installing and testing aircraft and scenery with normal sliders.

Got screenshots of my temps / mem usage / fan speeds.
One of just my Desktop and one with P3Dv4 and the Carenado CJ2 running.

No problems ever observed with FSX, Xplane10 or any P3D V1 thru P3Dv4 on my system.

MyPC-Specs

Win7-PRO-64
Gigabyte Z170 motherboard
i7 6700- 4GHz LGA 1151 8MB cache CPU (4 Cores 8 Threads) No overclock , water cooled.
16GB DDR4 Memory
500GB SSD Boot drive C (Crucial by Micron CT500 MX200 SSD)
2TB ST200 DM SCSI Hard drive F
GEForce GT 960 4GB Video card
Audigy SE Sound Card
750W Power supply
Antec Tower case
Blu-Ray RW CD LG BD-RE drive D
ViewSonic VX2250WM-LED 22-Inch (21.5-Inch Vis) Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED Monitor with Integrated Stereo Speakers
ViewSonic VX2250WM-LED 22-Inch (21.5-Inch Vis) Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED Monitor with Integrated Stereo Speakers
Insignia Tablet (NS-P10A710 FLEX 10.1" ANDROID TABLET)

Nvidia 382.33 6-8-2017
FSUIPC4 registered v4-968
FSUIPC registered v5-103
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

starseed1

Postby starseed1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:11 am

Ok as I mentioned earlier I removed the Hotfix do to the fact I could not use the program causing excessive heat so I am running P3dv4 with out the fix and have normal Temps.I did not produce a report with the Hotfix installed,However my setting were the same with the Hotfix implemented as follows: in PMDG aircraft and in default aircraft same effect: Over heat.
These settings give me the best results I try not to push the limits I look for efficiency.This is with out the Hotfix and all
P3Dv4 compliant addons everything is fine running normal.

https://puu.sh/wywsR/f3ce92c983.png
Last edited by starseed1 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

starseed1

Postby starseed1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:20 am

Martyson,
Your testing in other platforms is inapplicable as this only pertains to P3Dv4 with Hotfox 1 installed
Thanks anyway.

starseed1

Postby starseed1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:54 am

Brady,
I just loaded P3Dv4 Hotfix 1 on my other computer. After a direct clean install with default aircraft default scenery and default settings WOW the same results. With in 2 min. the Temperature on the graphics card GPU shot up to over 90c and red lined. No over clocking not a fan, no augmentation what so ever. Different system all default settings same results as you can see from the photos.I'm sure others have this issue now and don't know it with out checking their Temperature. This is potentially dangerous. Please advise.

Different Computer:
http://puu.sh/wyClX/08ff5846ef.jpg

Stock Settings:
http://puu.sh/wyCoD/92adc00c4b.png

Default Aircraft and scenery:
http://puu.sh/wyCri/5f008efabd.jpg

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:35 am

Martyson,
Your testing in other platforms is inapplicable as this only pertains to P3Dv4 with Hotfox 1 installed
Thanks anyway.

starseed1,

My testing was with P3Dv4 HF1 installed.

No problems ever observed with FSX, Xplane10 or any P3D V1 thru P3Dv4 on my system. Meaning current version on all platforms.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:26 am

Used Speccy also this time to check temps / system info.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Michael_B767_ATP

Postby Michael_B767_ATP » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:59 am

Hi,

I noticed temps in the upper 80's, the system hit 90 and the computer crashed and reboot itself. I turned off hyper-treading and the temps dropped 20 degrees and are within reason now.

I'm running three 1080s

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”