P3D quits after start loading scenery objects

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
DCA-1161

P3D quits after start loading scenery objects

Postby DCA-1161 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:58 am

Yesterday I installed Hotfix3 and everything worked fine (+update FSUIPC, +update ORBX-DataOverfloy, +update Active Sky Next). Today I started P3D and at the point of loading scenery objects, P3D quits completly. I can't restart P3D unless I have restarted my computer. I tried to rebuild prepa3d.cfg and the schaders.
Now what to do?

DCA-1161

Re: P3D quits after start loading scenery objects

Postby DCA-1161 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:40 am

Update.
Yesterday I removed the DLL.XML. This file starts the add-ons like: FSUIPC, Migrations Tool, FSCopilot, ObjectFlow (ORBX, Dafsim and Active Sky Next. Without the DLL P3D runs OK. Then I added the entries for the add-ons one by one. So far FSUIPC, Migrations Tool and FSCopilot seems to work fine.

Today I opened FTXCentral to check some airfield-altitudes. I received an update that automatically added ObjectFlow_P3D to the DLL.XML. Starting up P3D FSCopilot, did not work anymore. So I did an update of FSCopilot and FSinn. Great, everything worked. During closing P3D I got a message: “P3D is not working any more, do you want to close the program?” That made me suspicious, because I had that message before. And yes, restarting P3D I have the same problem I started this post with. Some add-on is breaking something during the closing of P3D and I suspect ObjectFlow_P3D.dll or a combination of that with the Migration Tool. Well back to step one. I now know it’s not a P3D-problem, but I still hope for a suggestion from someone using the same add-ons.
Roy

DCA-1161

Postby DCA-1161 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Update
I have tried all sorts of addon-combinations with FSUIPC, but one thing is curtain: If I close down P3D and get the error-message: “Prepar3D is not working anymore, close program” then I know that I have to restart my computer and reinstall FSUIPC, because somehow the closingproces damages fsuipc4.dll.
I have been using all kinds of addon-combinations with FSUIPC (Objectflow, Migration Tool, Active Sky Next and FSCopilot). And everything works fine as long as P3D is running. But each combination that includes FSCopilot will give the described error-message, when closing down P3D. Thereafter I have to restart the computer, reinstall FSUIPC and FSCopilot. So Objectflow is OK. It looks like FSCopilot is the fault and that’s bad news, because a lot of people use that to connect to Vatsim and other servers.

I hope to get a lot of response from pilots that still use FSCopilot in combination with Hotfix3 with success.
Roy

DCA-1161

Postby DCA-1161 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:59 pm

I changed back from FSUIPC4961 to FSUIPC4959 and all my problems are over. This thread can be closed.
Roy

Pete Dowson

Postby Pete Dowson » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:37 pm

I changed back from FSUIPC4961 to FSUIPC4959 and all my problems are over. This thread can be closed.
Roy
Oddly, 4.959 is exactly when the first reports of exactly your problem arose, and they were fixed over a several week period of intense activity and about 15 interim updates for volunteer testers. I've no idea why it appears to have returned, but nothing FSUIPC does can possibly cause the next session to fail to load. No one so far has any theory about that. On the reload FSUIPC doesn't even get a chance to run -- the crash normally is at its entry point, before the first instruction. It's as if SimConnect is entering it before it is actually loaded!

It would have helped if you'd actually used the FSUIPC support forum like others who are supplying information and, yes, supplied information.

Pete
My System

Win10: 1803 build 17134
Processor: I9 9900K at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Formula Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3600 MHz.
GPUs: 2 x 2080Ti SLI
Displays: 3 x 1080p projectors at 30Hz onto 210 FOV curved screen
P3D4 set with 3 windows in nVidia surround mode

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”