[RESOLVED] AMD Driver reset with P3d V3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
leo

Re: AMD Driver reset with P3d V3

Postby leo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:58 am

New driver works fine!
Thanks for the information!
many greetintgs from Hamburg
Leo

bomb marley

Postby bomb marley » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:50 am

After checking and recretaing shaders and so on... New Crimson software (i don't know if there is a change in drivers) don't work for me, same problem as before, card r9 380 4 gb.

Cellinsky

Postby Cellinsky » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:26 am

I can confirm that it works fine so far. I have only 2 hours of testing yet though. The new crimson driver comes with a few goodies as well. Anyone have a clue, if "optimize shaders" has any benefit with P3D3? I have it on, but cant tell if it has any influence. When it runs, its no doubt the best version of P3D so far. Very smooth and good frames even with demanding addons like iFlys B747. I run an R9 390 8GB card.

Cheers, Marcel

hawx2k

Postby hawx2k » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:00 pm

bomb marley wrote:After checking and recretaing shaders and so on... New Crimson software (i don't know if there is a change in drivers) don't work for me, same problem as before, card r9 380 4 gb.

Can you try a complete and clean uninstall of all old drivers that may reside on your system before you install the new Crimson drivers?

Uninstall utility: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... ility.aspx

padolamap

Postby padolamap » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:15 pm

unfortunately does not work for me, I've done uninstalling all drivers even using the AMD and also I have manually deleted each folder containing some files and so everything does not work, I have a R9 Fury and gives me a lot of anger, I try to do an installation from scratch to prove that is not due to anything that I can not check.
So normal loads and the minute stops working, but what is striking is that so does the midificacion the ParticlesCS.fx file. Only it works with the previous driver and the modification of this file.
Please check all that this new driver having changed the ParticlesCS.fx loaded file and erasing the shaders

bomb marley

Postby bomb marley » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:39 am

hawx2k wrote:
bomb marley wrote:After checking and recretaing shaders and so on... New Crimson software (i don't know if there is a change in drivers) don't work for me, same problem as before, card r9 380 4 gb.

Can you try a complete and clean uninstall of all old drivers that may reside on your system before you install the new Crimson drivers?

I'll try this weekend and i will post the result for good or bad so if that's the solution people will know. Thanks in advance :)

bomb marley

Postby bomb marley » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:50 pm

bomb marley wrote:
hawx2k wrote:

I'll try this weekend and i will post the result for good or bad so if that's the solution people will know. Thanks in advance :)

Ok tried and working, only thing i had to use DDU istead to amd software as it continued causing crash problems, now everything runs perfect.

Many thanks for the help

padolamap

Postby padolamap » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:17 pm

I do not know if someone has the same problem, I have an ASUS R9 Strix Fury, perform an installation from scratch, and when testing the simulator computer crashes, is the sound for a moment and put the black screen does not respond to any command and must reset the PC, may have been a problem in installation went back to load the Windows 10 the same result, I tested with DDU herrameinta even with AMD to clean drivers but always get the same problem, truth and not how to solve this, only I use the PC for the simulator and for many years I have been using AMD without any inconvenience and with tremendous results but this leaves me in doubt whether or not to continue with this brand

Qatsi58

Postby Qatsi58 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:08 am

Be aware that there is a fan issue with the new Crimson driver. Should be a fix today, Monday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/c ... nd_others/

padolamap

Postby padolamap » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:27 pm

for those who still have problems with these plates, at least I've found a solution, is to limit the FPS from the simulator, starting from 20 up until the fault is generated and put below that number, if not let nicie again making the switch from prepar3d.cfg

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”