[RESOLVED] Scenario setup does not show

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Dirk-NL

[RESOLVED] Scenario setup does not show

Postby Dirk-NL » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:54 am

When I start P3Dv4, all procedures go well. I can see the UTLive Client and Chaseplane active, but when the Scenario Startup window should appear, there is nothing. Checking the task manager shows that prepar3d.exe is active and using hardware resources. So it did not crash, it only does not show the Scenario Startup screen.
How to get the show on the road again?

Dirk
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.2; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB.

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Scenario setup does not show

Postby Brady Butler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:02 am

Hello Dirk,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Also, can you provide the details of your system?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Dirk-NL

Postby Dirk-NL » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:28 am

Hi Brady

I run P3Dv4.2
Windowsversion 10 1803 updated today
System has been restarted after the update
Graphics driver is updated recently and works 100%
Hardware specs are in my forum signature

P3D was working 100% yesterday. There was only a W10 update this AM. I had issues with GSX/SODE that made me uninstall GSX v2.4 and SODE and after that install that same software version that I used already for days. It worked in the past so I can't see how this could have caused the problem.

If there is a way to let P3D make bypass the Scenario Setup screen or let it make a 'virgin' start, please let me know.

Dirk
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.2; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB.

Dirk-NL

Postby Dirk-NL » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:17 pm

I followed the guidelines until reaching point 5. It might be a bit drastic to delete the 3 directories mentioned at 5 and act as stated further. After all, everything worked properly until this morning's start. And... P3D does run. It only does not show.
This afternoon I did a repair of windows-10; I uninstalled GSX; I uninstalled the P3D Client and installed it. The outcome was still the same. Approximately near the end of the buildup, when the Scenario Startup should show, I can see a kind of popup in a split second (like the ones used for building scenery indexen). It shows too short to see what it said. Then the screen is empty ( showing my desktop). But the taskmanager shows that P3D is running. Weird.

So finally.... I decided to delete those three directories. Probably because I re-installed the Client I have to go through all the Options again and re-connect Chasplane and mayby others.

CONSIDER THIS PROBLEM SOLVED. THE SIM IS RUNNING.

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Postby Brady Butler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Hello Dirk,

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you got the Sim working!

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”