Position in Vehicle preview box?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
JimmiG

Position in Vehicle preview box?

Postby JimmiG » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi,
This is a minor issue however I was just wondering if there's a solution. In the select vehicle screen where it shows you a preview of the selected vehicle, some aircraft aren't centered. Some are at the top edge of the box, and one, the Carenado PA46T is actually "below" the box so you can barely see the tail sticking up if you rotate the view, but nothing else. This makes it impossible to preview the paint scheme.
I'm assuming this can be fixed by editing some parameter in the aircraft.cfg or similar but I can't find any info.

Blaunarwal

Re: Position in Vehicle preview box?

Postby Blaunarwal » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:19 am

Hi

I can't believe, no one of the staff ever answered this serious question. There must be a solution, then some aircraft are well centered in the preview with optimal zoom and others not.

I'd really appreciate, if someone from LM would take the time to answer this question.

Regards

Dan

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Postby Adam Breed » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Dan,

The position of the object in the Preview Window is calculated via the model's bounding box (BBOX in the MDL file).

It is up to the developer of the model to ensure that the vehicle's bounding box is setup correctly.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager

Blaunarwal

Postby Blaunarwal » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:06 pm

I see, not too easy to correct that. Too bad a lot of developers will never care.

I found this tool RADitor. Increasing the radius moves the aircraft further away. Changing the Y coordinate, lets you move the aircraft up and down in the preview. Make sure, to have a copy of the mdl your tweaking, in case the result goes wrong.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=RADItor

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”