[RESOLVED] SDK FXTool window won't focus

cookedinlh

[RESOLVED] SDK FXTool window won't focus

Postby cookedinlh » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:38 am

Just loaded newest SDK (4.2.21.24048) that matches P3D v4.2 and I can drop down and select the FX Tool from the menu . . .but it is only visible for a split second and then disappears. Tool bar shows it is there . . but I cannot select it so it is usable ie "in-focus".

Any ideas how to fix that?
cookedinlh

cookedinlh

Re: SDK FXTool window won't focus - SOLVED

Postby cookedinlh » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:05 pm

No one else seems to have this issue but in case you do . .. it's related to spanning multiple displays with the "surround" feature on the NVIDIA Control Panel. Turns out without surround configured as a single panel, P3D does not know where to show the FX Tool window and leaves it hidden even though the tool bar shows it as available it will not "focus" when selected by a mouse click. Configure Surround and it works fine.

So now we are back to the problem of several second delay as the GTX 980 switches from 3 screens to 1 single SURROUND configuration . . . without surround set ( ie 3x 1920x1080 monitors) then ALT ENTER causes and immediate full screen display of the P3D view whatever that view is. . . . surround feature is a serious problem flying low level when it takes 3-4 sec to switch. . . all very inconvenient. . . but at least now I know WHY?

Return to “Software Development Kit (SDK) Questions”