I had problems with SP1 and RTM Open_Simconnect function, but everything was working with SP2.
see : http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=125245
After a lot of tests, and investigations (@Warpd put me on the track) I noticed that there was a difference between SP1 and SP2. A new parameter exists in the Open function for SP2, which forces the local connection.
So I decided to try my test SP1 program in a network environment..... Bingo it was working.
So to resume if you want a before SP2 Simconnect application to work with P3DV4, just let believe it that you are in a network connection, with a Simconnect.XML in the P3D V4 AppData folder and a Simconnect.cfg in the application folder.
I am not sure if it is the best solution but LM is looking into the issue
by Rob McCarthy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:03 pm
We will look into the issue and report back.
For me it works now.