Scenery indexing issue?

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
obinder

Scenery indexing issue?

Postby obinder » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 am

Hello all,

(P3D V4.3)

it looks to me like scenery components that are added to the sim using add-on.xml files do not seem to be compiled into the scenery index on startup. Only later, when the sim has been running, those entries show up in the main index file.

Is my perception wrong, am I looking at it the wrong way? Or if that is indeed the case, won't this cause issues later, when the simulation is running? I don't have any products that would be affected either way, but I am curious about this matter.

Also, the issue that the scenery library dialog is complaining about non-sequential layering when using external add-on.xml definitions seems to be back. It had been fixed in 4.1 and 4.2, but I am receiving fresh reports about it happening again.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

obinder

Re: Scenery indexing issue?

Postby obinder » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello @ll,

the odd thing is, that on my development computer all add-on.xml components are indexed, just on the test machine it doesn't seem to work like that. Odd.

The only thing that looks out of place is that the add-on.xml sceneries do not appear in the index file that pertains to their layer number. But I don't know if they are supposed to, so that may not be an "issue" after all.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”