How do I get Simconnect Message Window to Display in VR?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
powayjoe

How do I get Simconnect Message Window to Display in VR?

Postby powayjoe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:41 am

I have tried all the suggestions from Kayla on this forum of placing it in the upper left corner etc... and nothing works.

I have been able to display the ATC window in VR and even had added the config modifications to custom size and place that window and many others in VR successfully.

However I cannot get the Simconnect Message Window to diplay in VR. I use Radar Contact and need to see the Simconnect Message Window that displays fine in 2D.

Please Advise
Joe
I5-2500K 4.5Ghz, GTX-1070 OC, Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz, SSD, Oculus Rift, 40 inch 4K Screen at 30 Hz, VKB Gunfighter, Virpil Moongoost 50,MFG Crosswind Pedals, ChasePlane, Linda, VoiceAttack, FFTF, Pilot2ATC apps

Kayla Kinzel
Lockheed Martin

Re: How do I get Simconnect Message Window to Display in VR?

Postby Kayla Kinzel » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Hello,

Is the Radar Contact you are using something you have developed, or possibly a 3rd party add-on?

Scaleform windows should show in VR. If the message window you're referring to created as a Scaleform window, you should be able to make it appear in VR.

Here's some more information on Scaleform panels:
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/pane ... orial.html

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

powayjoe

Re: How do I get Simconnect Message Window to Display in VR?

Postby powayjoe » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Radar Contact is a long standing widely used third party app that provides much better ATC. It’s interface uses the Simconnect message window. Is there something in particular I should investigate to change regarding these windows to make it work?

Joe
I5-2500K 4.5Ghz, GTX-1070 OC, Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz, SSD, Oculus Rift, 40 inch 4K Screen at 30 Hz, VKB Gunfighter, Virpil Moongoost 50,MFG Crosswind Pedals, ChasePlane, Linda, VoiceAttack, FFTF, Pilot2ATC apps

Return to “Miscellaneous”