Lights when it is dark

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Gabriel1501

Lights when it is dark

Postby Gabriel1501 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Hey there, I have a question about lights (runway, streetlights...) When I got it right they kick in on a defined time of day. In consequence, even if it is very dark because of bad weather, runways are dark because it is 4am and lights are OFF. Now I found that there is a parameter for the cfg that can change the ON/OFF time - however that also influences the sun flare effect and is not a good solution.

Is there anything planed for the future to have a more realisitic behavior of lights? At least airport lights? Sometimes I cannot fly an approach because I just dont see the runway. Using weather and environment add ons makes it worse, as different Skytexture and clouds can lead to a real dark scenario ...

Thanks!
Gabriel
System: i7-2600K, 4x 3.40GHz @4,4GHz | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3 | 8GB Kingston HyperX T1 DDR3-1600 CL9 | MSI GTX 970| 2x SSD

P3D + REX TD Softclouds + ASN + Orbx FTX Global Landclass-Vector-Europe

Martyson

Re: Lights when it is dark

Postby Martyson » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:08 pm

Hey there, I have a question about lights (runway, streetlights...) When I got it right they kick in on a defined time of day. In consequence, even if it is very dark because of bad weather, runways are dark because it is 4am and lights are OFF. Now I found that there is a parameter for the cfg that can change the ON/OFF time - however that also influences the sun flare effect and is not a good solution.

Is there anything planed for the future to have a more realisitic behavior of lights? At least airport lights? Sometimes I cannot fly an approach because I just dont see the runway. Using weather and environment add ons makes it worse, as different Skytexture and clouds can lead to a real dark scenario ...

Thanks!
Gabriel
0825 and my runway lights are on.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Peter Dill

Postby Peter Dill » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks!
Gabriel
I have a similar problem as Gabriel. May I ask you to give the answer a bit more detailed? I have no idea what 0825 is. Thanks!
i7-4770k @4.2GHz | 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10 | ASUS Z87 Pro | GTX980 Ti | SSD 250GB, 500GB
Prepar3D v4.4 | ProSim737 v2.16 | ORBX | ASP4/ASCA | Envtex/Envshade

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:30 am

Thanks!
Gabriel
I have a similar problem as Gabriel. May I ask you to give the answer a bit more detailed? I have no idea what 0825 is. Thanks!
0825 is 8:25am
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Miscellaneous”