3RD Parties airports: no lighting

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
saveriomangione

3RD Parties airports: no lighting

Postby saveriomangione » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:07 am

Hi all, since the last update to version 4.4 all airport scenarios appear as you can see in the pictures. The light areas are only those of gates and parkings. Taxiways and runways are completely dark. I use PTA but I don't think the reason is due to this software because I left the same configuration I used with the previous version of Prepar3D v4.3. I tried anything but without success. First I tried without PTA and original default 4.4 shaders.but the lights are not working. I have updated PTA to the latest 4.4 compatible version and in fact the situation is slightly improved with the original shaders but the difference is really minimal. I uninstalled the new version of PTA and then reinstalled it by applying my favorite preset. When it's really dark outside you can't really see anything. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot.
Best

Saverio

[url=https://postimg.cc/bGxM8PPM]Image
[url=https://postimg.cc/k67HgHX5]Image

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: 3RD Parties airports: no lighting

Postby Rob McCarthy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi Saverio,

Moon phases are now accounted for in night lighting. What you are seeing could be due to the moon being in the new moon phase on that night. Do you see different levels of ambient light at night on different days?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

saveriomangione

Re: 3RD Parties airports: no lighting

Postby saveriomangione » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:55 am

Hi Saverio,

Moon phases are now accounted for in night lighting. What you are seeing could be due to the moon being in the new moon phase on that night. Do you see different levels of ambient light at night on different days?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Hi Rob, thanks for replying. I cannot test it yet. I’ll do this next week. Thanks for your hint. I’ll let you know

Best

Saverio

Return to “Miscellaneous”