[RESOLVED] KSEA Scenery Bug in P3Dv4.3

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Quickmarch

[RESOLVED] KSEA Scenery Bug in P3Dv4.3

Postby Quickmarch » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:21 pm

There is a problem with the stock scenery in P3Dv4.3. I've just reloaded this software (Client, Content, and Scenery) when I updated to V4.3.

I cannot say whether or not the problem existed in earlier versions because I, either did not fly to KSEA or I did fly to KSEA and the problem was not present, thus not remarkable.

I do not use a third party photo hosting site, so cannot post a picture of the problem. However, a friend posted two screen captures for me to this site: https://mutleyshangar.com/forum/index.p ... a-scenery/

There are huge hills running at a right angle to Seatac's 34/16 runways.

I checked FSX and P3Dv3 stock scenery. Neither have the problem.

WarpD

Re: KSEA Scenery Bug in P3Dv4.3

Postby WarpD » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 pm

From the images you've posted, it appears something has changed elevations around KSEA on your install. I understand you stated your scenery is stock, but I still question your installation's fidelity because I have loaded into KSEA and confirmed there are no large hills like what you have in your images.

I would recommend you do a full uninstall/reinstall because somewhere along the way, something has gotten messed up.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation

Quickmarch

Postby Quickmarch » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:42 pm

Thanks @WarpD,

Comment - this is on the heels of a full re-install from 4.2. However, I did not, initially, do the "full monty". I thought that I would only have to do the Client and the Content (to get new stock aircraft). It wasn't until I ran into this problem that I downloaded the Scenery and re-installed. All were clean installs old version removed with Windows Programs and Features - Defender+Antivirus+MalwareBytes - paused.

I'll give it another try and do the "Full" install.

I'll report back.

Cheers,
March

Poppet
Lockheed Martin

Postby Poppet » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Hello March

For a clean Install...

After you Uninstall Prepar3D ensure you navigate back to your core Prepar3D folder and delete any left over folders that have been Installed by 3rd party Add Ons like Scenery, Texture, Effects and so on

From the Images it seems there are old elevation files Installed by previous Add ons.

The link below shows steps to complete a clean Uninstall

Let us know how you get on

https://youtu.be/1YNrB-2vc6c

Quickmarch

Postby Quickmarch » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Thank you (all) for your assistance. The problem has gone away with the clean re-install of P3Dv4.

Yes, I did take the advice and cleared out all previous references. Especially to ORBX, which turns out to be the culprit. I am now having problems with ORBX as I try to repair (recover) my scenery files. However, that is not an issue to be dealt with here.

Cheers,
March

Return to “Miscellaneous”