Saving controls settings?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
GreyGhost-66

Saving controls settings?

Postby GreyGhost-66 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:26 am

I've had this problem occasionally back in FSX. Now I've had it happen in P3D V3.4.221986. I get my settings set just the way I want them and the system hiccups and my settings are gone. Then I have to work out all my settings again. Very irritating. Is there a config file somewhere that I can backup and then just reinstall it when my system eats my old settings?
Win 10 V1709*ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero MoBo*Intel Core i7-6700K*GIGABYTE GeForce 980 Ti*CORSAIR 16 GB* WD Black 3TB HD 7200 RPM*Intel 750 Series 2.5” 800 GB SSD*ASUS Hyper Kit Expansion Card*CORSAIR H100i Cooler*Corsair HXi PSU

aeronauta

Re: Saving controls settings?

Postby aeronauta » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:24 pm

In the menu> settings > controls select any controller and at the bottom there is an Import and Export button , set your settings as you like then click OK , come back and select Export , it will export the settings to a file ,, name it as you wish , the file goes to your Documnents\Prepar3d v3.. as an XML file.

If the SIM ends up incorrectly at close time ( for any reason) the standard.xml file may be corupted , P3D will create a pristine one ...thats why if changes to default sometimes..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester

GreyGhost-66

Postby GreyGhost-66 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:38 am

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
If you are able to hear this "Twack!" That's me slapping my forehead. I'm sorry, almost all my experience was with FSX. I didn't realize what the Export/Import buttons pertained to in P3D V3. I imagined that they were for saving flight plans.
I purchased P3D V4 yesterday. None of the buttons were as I had assigned them in P3D V3. When I asked to import the settings, all I had to do was go to the Documents/P3D V3 files and import the settings I had saved fro P3VD V3. Right away I'm up and running and smiling.
Thank you very much I apologize for asking a silly question.
Win 10 V1709*ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero MoBo*Intel Core i7-6700K*GIGABYTE GeForce 980 Ti*CORSAIR 16 GB* WD Black 3TB HD 7200 RPM*Intel 750 Series 2.5” 800 GB SSD*ASUS Hyper Kit Expansion Card*CORSAIR H100i Cooler*Corsair HXi PSU

aeronauta

Postby aeronauta » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:56 am

There are no silly questions , all are intended to be for one illustration... like the one you made , now you know ...

Happy Flying

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR - Nemetz Designs Beta Tester

johnliem

Postby johnliem » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:12 am

Hello,

I know how to save this saving control setting by doing exporting it to a folder, but I have another question where this setting actually saved? except in xml file , is it in P3D.cfg? or somewhere else? thanks

aeronauta

Postby aeronauta » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:47 am

nowhere else but what I have said...
Jorge
Jorge Roldan

johnliem

Postby johnliem » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:55 am

Okay. Thanks Jorge.

Return to “Miscellaneous”