P3D Random crash to dektop, scenery configuration

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Aaron Quick

P3D Random crash to dektop, scenery configuration

Postby Aaron Quick » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:58 am

Hi all, I have been using P3D V4.1 for the last few weeks and love it, it is a huge upgrade over FSX.

However just today I have encountered a huge problem, P3D is failing to load at all. Basically, I will launch the .exe, it will present me the splash screen for P3D to indicate it is loading, and then after about 30 seconds it will go away and the simulator will simply stop working. At first I didnt think it was much but after a while it simply didnt load. I have tried many things to get it to work. I have updated all drivers and windows updates. I have deleted all addons (ORBX, Aerosoft scenery, etc.) and none have worked. I have deleted all temp files from places such as appdata(roaming) appdata(local) and program data but that hasnt worked.

It all started earlier today when I was trying to fix an issue with some ORBX scenery around the LAX area, which was solved eventually. However before this I took it upon myself to try to fix it. What I did was, use the SceneryConfigEditor app downloaded online and noticed that out of the 169 areas inside the scenery.cfg, that 150 or so had errors. I decided to look around and found that it was possibly an error with the directory of the scenery.cfg, so I changed where it pointed to and it fixed all of the errors and displayed no errors, as seen here: https://gyazo.com/dbf70f1f11da4007ba4a913906225a23.

After this I tried to load up P3D, but the thing I said previously happend. Eventually after about 5 hours I decided to try and check the event viewers as I had never done it before, and found this: https://gyazo.com/c5b97566adc8af626f337df05050618f

I am now confident the error is related to api.dll however I am not sure how to fix this. Advice would be extremely useful not matter what it is, thank you.

Specs: I7 6700K (4.4GHz) - GTX 1080Ti - 16GB DDR4 - 500GB SSD

Return to “Miscellaneous”