Radio frequencies database

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
FatherDane

Radio frequencies database

Postby FatherDane » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:03 am

Does P3D have a file/database holding all the radio frequencies that are used for each of the airports in the programme, please?
The reason I ask is that I find I am getting frustrated having one frequency for ATIS (for example) in the Navigraph Charts programme, but a different one in P3D. And the only way I can find out what the P3D frequencies are is by using the P3D Map and looking at the details there. So if there is a database showing all the information in a CSV file or another format that I can use to look it up it would make life so much simpler for me. Can you help, please?
Thanks
Father Dane
Best wishes
Father Dane

WarpD

Re: Radio frequencies database

Postby WarpD » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:20 am

There is no such file.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation

sausalito

Postby sausalito » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:33 pm

You might check out fsAerodata navigation database. It updates all comm freqs worldwide on every AIRAC. Little Navmap or sim itself will display them for each airport.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:37 pm

"The reason I ask is that I find I am getting frustrated having one frequency for ATIS (for example) in the Navigraph Charts programme, but a different one in P3D. And the only way I can find out what the P3D frequencies are is by using the P3D Map and looking at the details there."

During preflight workaround:
Go to departure, arrival and alternate airports map views and do screenshots of the data (ATIS, Rwys, ILS, navaids etc freq).
Print the data.
Put the printouts in the folders for you airports with the rest of the charts (airport, SID/STAR, approaches etc).
You only have to do this once for each of your airport choices unless you purchase / change your airport scenery (payware or freeware).

Reboot your PC and start your flight.

If you do not want paper printouts then, like you mentioned, just go to the map view (prior to TOD or during descent).
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

jostytosty

Postby jostytosty » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:02 pm

To have the P3D data in sinc with navigraph you could download the latest AIRAC data, incl frequencies for P3D/FSX(SE) by Hervé Sors (http://www.aero.sors.fr/) mind you, you will loose airways on the map, but gain the latest data. Now for instance waypoints in the MJC Q400's FMS will be the same as the waypoints in P3D.

FatherDane

Postby FatherDane » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:34 am

Thank you for all the replies. It is very much appreciated. I will look into the alternative options you presented and see which is best for my system. It is good to know that there are so many good people out there. Thank you.
Father Dane
Best wishes
Father Dane

Return to “Miscellaneous”