[RESOLVED] All lights good but TrackIR not moving

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
jmig

[RESOLVED] All lights good but TrackIR not moving

Postby jmig » Mon May 09, 2016 5:20 pm

I have read through the previous posts and didn't see my problem mentioned. Normally I can find a resolution for most issues. However, this one has me stumped.

Three days ago, TrackIR worked fine. The next day it didn't and I have no idea why. I am running TrackIR 4 hardware with the latest V 5 software. Everything works fine in PD3 Version 2.5. In version 3.23 I have the Green and Blue lights, along with the red tracking LEDs. Yet, head movement won't move the virtual cockpit. Going into the Track IR software shows it to be working. I do not have it paused.

Is there some hidden way to turn off head tracking that I may have accidentally clicked on? I checked both the PD3 and FSUIPC CFGs and didn't see anything.

I tied reloading the TrackIR software. I unplugged the device and re-plugged it back in. I did a repair on both the client and content modules of PD3. I am running the TrackIR off a powered HUB, but it does work with V2.5 and it worked this way before.

I am running a high end computer system which is just a year old. It has one of the latest Intel 6 core processor with 16 GB RAM, and two 970 Intel graphics cards. I am running one 1080p projector and three monitors. Windows 10 is the OS.

3rd party software is FSUIPC (registered), REX, UTX for PD3, and FTX Global. I also run the most recent version of SIOC for Opencockpit cards.

Any ideas?

John

BG2518

Re: All lights good but TrackIR not moving

Postby BG2518 » Mon May 09, 2016 7:40 pm

I have TrackIR v5 with the v5 software.

I friend of mine uses v4 hardware with v5 s/ware as do you so I KNOW it can and does work.

Can I suggest you try with the default profile.

I know you say it is NOT paused but using the default profile to reset the key binding for pause back to default may show what is going on?

However, because you say you still can still use it with v2.5 of p3d then that leads me to think it is a pause key issue/clash that somehow has occurred?

Do you have separate profiles for p3d v3.2 and v2.5 ?

Are you in exclusive mode?

Have you changed controllers i.e. joysticks recently or unplugged usb devices and perhaps put them back in different ports?

Is there a Y in the month?

I feel for you.

BG2518-Bob.

jmig

Postby jmig » Tue May 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi Bob, I am smiling at your last comment.

I will try your suggestions. I did just move from the default to PD3 profile. However, I think that was when I started having the issue? I will check.

The LED is green and not orange, which makes me think it is not paused.

PD3 2.5 uses the same setup as V3.2.

I did notice something, however. TrackIR software is no longer self loading. I have to click on the icon to run. The check box that says run on startup is checked. I don't know if this has any ramifications with my issue?

John

DaveWG

Postby DaveWG » Tue May 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Make sure both P3d and TrackIR are running as admin. I had the same issue until I realised I hadn't got TIR running as admin.

jmig

Postby jmig » Tue May 10, 2016 11:42 pm

Well, I did what I probably should have done in the beginning. I deleted the config file. Now, everything is working.

I wish I knew what setting it was? That way, when I somehow mess it up again, I would know how to fix it without losing all the modified settings.

Return to “Miscellaneous”