p3d 4.3 single pass VR random texture tiles loading

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
cobrakev

p3d 4.3 single pass VR random texture tiles loading

Postby cobrakev » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi I have a question about the use of singlepass VR in 4.3. Single pass gives my the performance that I was hoping for in scenery. But 5 or 10 minutes into the flight if I look straight down at the ground I start seeing the texture loading these weirdly geographic parts of the earth. These textures start randomly show different textures of the texture library I thing. But mostly they show big chunks of the earth in North America and Mexico in one tile.

When I notice these artifacts I an in oculus mode and using single pass. If I switch to oculus stereo this doesn’t happen anymore. I am just starting to dabble in steam vr using single pass but for some reasons it’s very juddery but so far it’s not happening in that mode. So it seams to be just with Oculus Single pass VR. Also I've deleted my shaders multiple times. I have tried both Oculus RC1 home and the Beta core 2 but seems to not mater witch oculus home I use. Ill try to get some screen shots ASAP

Specs.
I7 8700k 5ghz
Nividia 1080ti latest version of drivers
Oculus Rift
Asus Maximus hero x
16 GE ram @3200 Corsair dominator platinum
P3Dv4 has its own ssd
Windows 10 home latest version

cobrakev

Re: p3d 4.3 single pass VR random texture tiles loading

Postby cobrakev » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:05 pm

Here is a link to some screen shots over Israel's farm from ORBX I notice that as soon as I had my first 5 second pause in the sim to load up new scenery during this flight theses textures started popping in like gangbusters.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/t7tcyb3w/

cobrakev

Postby cobrakev » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:01 pm

OK I Tested in Steam VR under single pass and it also happens as well right after there is a pause because of loading in new textures. in both cases I was flying to 1s2 from kbvs and as soon as I get to a certain point the sim pauses and when it comeback I get theses textures flashing all over the place. it doesn't matter were I am flying at in the world it can be anywhere

https://postimg.cc/gallery/pejr5bjw/

MikeB54

Postby MikeB54 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:14 pm

I normally hate "me too" posts, but me too. ;)

I use a lot of MegaScenery Earth photo scenery and in places where I want more detail I make my own. I found that when I disabled the scenery that I created I didn't have the problem so I blamed it on that. But now I'm starting to think that there is something else involved.

Mike

cobrakev

4.3 SinglePass VR bug?

Postby cobrakev » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Sorry I posted this on a different forum

Hi I have a question about the use of singlepass VR in 4.3. Single pass gives my the performance that I was hoping for in scenery. But 5 or 10 minutes into the flight if I look straight down at the ground I start seeing these weirdly geographic parts of the earth start popping in. These textures start randomly show different textures of the texture library I think. But mostly they show big chunks of the earth in North America and Mexico in one tile.

When I notice these artifacts I am in oculus mode and using single pass. If I switch to oculus stereo this doesn’t happen anymore. I am just starting to dabble in steam vr using single pass but for some reasons it’s very juddery, but so far it’s not happening in that mode. So it seams to be just with Oculus Single pass VR. Also I've deleted my shaders multiple times. I have tried both Oculus RC1 home and the Beta core 2 but seems to not mater witch oculus home I use. Ill try to get some screen shots ASAP

Here is a link to some screen shots over Israel's farm from ORBX I notice that as soon as I had my first 5 second pause in the sim to load up new scenery during this flight theses textures started popping in like gangbusters.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/t7tcyb3w/

OK I Tested in Steam VR under single pass and it also happens as well right after there is a pause because of loading in new textures. in both cases I was flying to 1s2 from kbvs and as soon as I get to a certain point the sim pauses and when it comeback I get theses textures flashing all over the place. it doesn't matter were I am flying at in the world it can be anywhere

https://postimg.cc/gallery/pejr5bjw/

Specs.
I7 8700k 5ghz
Nividia 1080ti latest version of drivers
Oculus Rift
Asus Maximus hero x
16 GE ram @3200 Corsair dominator platinum
P3Dv4 has its own ssd
Windows 10 home latest version

MartinM

Re: 4.3 SinglePass VR bug?

Postby MartinM » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:58 am

I have been seeing this too. But only with ORBX LC Europe recently. I have Switzerland Prof active now and this does not happen. I turn ORBX LC / FTX Vectors on again and I get this. Nasty. Looks like it is taking the texture from a world and showing them. You can clearly recognize continents.

Have you tested without ORBX and vanilla P3D?

Kayla Kinzel
Lockheed Martin

Postby Kayla Kinzel » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:29 am

Hello All,

Is anyone able to reproduce this without any addon scenery?

Does this occur with all addon scenery or are you noticing it with specific ones?

Can you provide detailed reproduction steps so we can investigate this issue?

Thanks,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Return to “Miscellaneous”