Hello P3D Team,
I am experiencing some strange behaviour with my motorized Throttles, and because I am no Techie, I hope you can help me a little with this. The Issue mostly occurs when connected to VoxATC and with switched on A/T. At TakeOff when setting the A/T to active and pressing the TOGA buttons my Throttles start doing the Lambada. They behave very erratically, and after a while the sim just freezes. Then I have to kill the sim with the Task manager. The Freezing sometimes also happens before even activating the A/T, when just Throtteling up a little to start Taxiing.
The thing is that this does not happen when doing the same flight without VoxATC, so it must be related somehow.
I sent the below FSUIPC log to Pete Dowson:
Running inside Prepar3D on Windows 7
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
484 System time = 17/09/2012 23:48:49
484 FLT UNC path = "\\GAMEPC1\FSPLANS\"
484 Trying E:\Prepar3D\Modules\SimConnectP3D.dll
484 Found it: trying to connect
484 FS UNC path = "\\GAMEPC1\Prepar3D\"
796 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
796 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
796 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
796 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D
1685 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®", Version: 1.4.4747.0 (SimConnect: 22.214.171.124)
1685 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
1685 FSUIPC Menu entry added
1716 \\GAMEPC1\FSPLANS\Standard Startup EHRD.flt
93117 System time = 17/09/2012 23:50:21, Simulator time = 17:10:28 (15:10Z)
93117 Aircraft="Learjet 45"
94053 Starting everything now ...
94069 Using "E:\GoFlight\GFDEV.DLL", version 126.96.36.199
94069 GoFlight GFP8 detected: 4 devices
94069 GoFlight GFT8 detected: 3 devices
94069 GoFlight GFLGT detected: 1 device
94069 GoFlight GF166 detected: 4 devices
94069 GoFlight GFTQ6 detected: 1 device
94069 GoFlight GFMCPPRO detected: 1 device
94069 GoFlight GFWP6 detected: 1 device
94069 LUA.0: beginning "E:\Prepar3D\Modules\ipcReady.lua"
94116 LUA.0: ended "E:\Prepar3D\Modules\ipcReady.lua"
95301 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
114521 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 21 secs = 24.6 fps
117890 D:\Jaap\My Documents\Prepar3D Files\\VoxATC IFR EHRD-EDDS.PLN
117890 Weather Mode now = Theme
117890 \\GAMEPC1\FSPLANS\Vox ATC IFR EHRD-EDDS.FLT
360971 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 5929, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:4"
612850 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 9482, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:3"
612897 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 9487, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:2"
612944 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 9490, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1"
And here is what he said about it:
These controls are used in FSUIPC only when the throttle offsets are written to. And for that they are used all the time, without exception. So we know they work. I think the error is referring to the ID of your aircraft, which is supposed to always be "SIMCONNECT_OBJECT_ID_USER" (defined as the value zero).
If P3D's SimConnect suddenly loses the user aircraft ID, not even recognising it as zero, then it is either a bug in P3D or something in SimConnect is getting corrupted.
I also send the below VoxATC err.log to the developer:
(small part only):
ReceiveMessages failed with C000014B
exception processing simcon messagesReceiveMessages failed with C000014B at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.ProcessSimconMessages()
4130563 Ins Text set : FATAL ERROR! disable VoxATC
And he thought this:
Very strange. I think SimConnect is being overloaded which means that it
can no longer handle VoxATC traffic and the throttles. Could you try
with VoxATC traffic set to zero. Also, do you see the green taxi lights
after getting taxi instructions? There may be a problem with all the
calls to SimConnect to display the lights.
I have followed his advice and set the VoxATC traffic sliders to zero, and was able to make a VoxATC guide flight for the first time, so there must be some truth in his thoughts.
I also set Simconnect to make a logfile, but this is over 500MB big! I have snipped some passages from it with the >>>>>EXCEPTION<<<<< messages in it. There are a lot more of those in the logfile, but my post would be even more longer than it already is now....
< 356.81774  >>>>> EXCEPTION=3, SendID=5852, Index=3 <<<<<
< 356.85690  >>>>> EXCEPTION=3, SendID=5853, Index=3 <<<<<
< 356.89666  >>>>> EXCEPTION=3, SendID=2841, Index=3 <<<<<
< 356.93744  >>>>> EXCEPTION=3, SendID=2841, Index=3 <<<<<
< 356.97716  >>>>> EXCEPTION=3, SendID=5854, Index=3 <<<<<
< 357.01645  >>>>> EXCEPTION=3, SendID=5854, Index=3 <<<<<
< 357.05742  >>>>> EXCEPTION=3, SendID=5855, Index=3 <<<<<
< 357.13657  >>>>> EXCEPTION=3, SendID=2843, Index=3 <<<<<
< 357.17739  >>>>> EXCEPTION=3, SendID=5856, Index=3 <<<<<
And so on....
If you need to see the entire log, I have it. But even zipped it is still 37Mb........
To give you a more complete picture of my setup:
Four networked PC's, one of them running P3D, MyTraffic_for P3D, GoFlight and Voxatc. Another running Project Magenta PMRJ PMSounds and Simkits, yet another running PMRJ and OpenCockpits (with the Hardware Motorized Throttles), and the last one running PM MCP and PM CDU. Everything connected together with WideClient.
My FSX setup was exactly the same as it is now with P3d and that always worked well.
The only thing changed in my setup was my main PC (i7 3820 @4300Mhz, 16 Gb), that now has P3D instead of FSX (with a fresh Win7 Install, so no remains of FSX or older P3D versions)......
I hope you can shed some light on this issue, and hopefully come up with a solution..